Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

Hank Venture lost his virginity at a younger age than me.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Inev on 04 October, 2010, 07:04:01 PMI've got an idea now, and I'm going to do work based on it, see how that turns out, and then maybe make my final piece based on said work.

Well if you can't even be bothered to give the Pterodactyl a fighting chance I wouldn't hold out much hope for a good grade.  Unless of course your art address the fundamental inequalities inherent in globalisation and the alienation that differential access to technology is responsible for in today's society.  Wow, that's pretty deep, man!  Now if you were to produce it entirely in the medium of poo sourced from the executive restrooms of the City of London, I could see a Turner Prize your future.  Actually scratch that, you haven't a chance:  that robot is pretty well drawn.

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 October, 2010, 07:47:54 PM
Well if you can't even be bothered to give the Pterodactyl a fighting chance I wouldn't hold out much hope for a good grade.  Unless of course your art address the fundamental inequalities inherent in globalisation and the alienation that differential access to technology is responsible for in today's society.

Torchwood did it.

fan art by ~acegirl. Says she spent a month painting that, so appreciate it!
STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

Don't listen to boring old facty Tordel. Art is its own truth* and the energy and emotion expressed in your piece is frightening in its intensity. And it even has a crater. Love it!

* Except when it comes to the number of links on Dredd's chain obviously.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

I just met my rude belligerant and offensive neighbour for the first time and it didnt go very well at all but this individual doesnt live in the Mews as he is from the house on the corner of an adjacent street so technically he is still an neighbour.He is the son of Audrey who died and he has inherited the property and is renovating it.

Anyway i went out of the gate to inspect a section of the party wall that belongs to the mews behind mine as i am doing a repair on it on behalf of my neighbour Geoff who lives in the Mews behind mine.Anyway there was a BMW parked on my/our private bit of land which is used as a parking space.I immediately noticed the contemptious look he was giving me for no reason which was provocative as i was poking around in the wall looking at my work checking that the muck hadnt been washed off by the rain.

Anyway i ignored him and then thought i would go back into the courtyard and then go out again and do the same thing to see what happens.Anyway this guy does the same thing again so i was curious what his problem was so i asked him politely "Are you stopping there for long ??"

The response i got was "Fuck Off !!" so i explained that its private land which is made clear by the signage.He tried to argue but it was pointless and by this point i was beginning to get wound up.His response was to laugh so i said that i wanted his car moved right there and then and if it wasnt moved it would be towed or clamped.Each time i said something he replied with "I AM LAUGHING !!" - "I AM LAUGHING !!" - "I AM LAUGHING !!" etc etc.Anyway i had to raise my voice by this point to say that i was going out for 10minutes and if his POS car and himself were not gone by the time i got home there would be a problem then he wouldnt be laughing.Fithy ugly overweight slob.If he wants a fight he can have one because i enjoy it.

I didnt like the look of him at all and he is obviously the bullying type as he looks like a Football yob.

He starts claiming he owns the wall which is wrong because it is a party wall.

Anyway i left the scene and came back 10 minutes later as promised and i caught him as he was driving away so he slammed his foot on the brake and wound the window down and shouted "OI !!!" and i thought here we go again....... but he didnt do very much as he already knew i meant business so i told him straight not to F with me and i said i dont want to see you or your car on this property EVER AGAIN !! EVER !!!

>:( >:(

And that was it so i think he has got the message.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mogzilla

due to a depression thing rather than cutting myself  i ended up cutting my hair despite the fact ive been trying to grow it for ages . snipped a stray bit and couldnt stop so have had to go and get it sorted out so its a lot shorter now and i look like j jonah jameson jr . oh well,my own fault try again and hide the scissors  ::)

Roger Godpleton

Darlin' don't you go and cut your hair
Do you think it's gonna make him change?
"i'm just a boy with a new haircut"
And that's a pretty nice haircut
Charge it like a puzzle, hit me wearin' muzzles
Hesitate to die, look around, around, the second drummer's drowned
His telephone is found

Music scene is crazy, bands start up each and every day
I saw another one just the other day
A special new band
I remember lying
I don't remember a line
I don't remember a word
But I don't care, I care, I really don't care
Did you see the drummer's hair?

Advertising looks and chops a must
No big hair!!
Songs mean a lot
When songs are bought
And so are you-
Bitch, rant down to the practice room
Attention and fame so
Career, career, career....

mogzilla

you always know the right things to say , :wave: hugs xxx

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 05 October, 2010, 09:51:41 PM
i look like j jonah jameson jr .

At least you'll look good chomping on a stogie.  And how many of us can say that.

Roger Godpleton

Darren Stephens

Just got a new 37 inch HDTV for the lounge....the missus reckons it looks no bigger than our old set (26 inch) ::). No willie jokes, please.  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 06 October, 2010, 05:46:10 PM
Just got a new 37 inch HDTV for the lounge....the missus reckons it looks no bigger than our old set (26 inch) ::). No willie jokes, please.  :lol:

What can you do eh? We went from 28 to 37 and it seemed comically enormous for the first few days (then it started shrinking as they do), so I can't believe she's not in awe of its vastness right now.

My minor impediment of that day is the new Left 4 Dead dlc, "The Sacrifice". Going to be without broadband next week due to a move so thought I'd make the most of the bandwidth while I had it so downloaded this, and apparently its ok on PC but for me its horribly broken.

Any objects, props or surfaces made of metal or wood don't have collision, chargers and tanks belt you halfway across the map because you pass through everything. Speaking of tanks, the Tanks spawn with the Hunter character model for some reason, the 2 team members controlled by AI were skating around and T-posing for the whole session and the campaign can't be completed because halfway through stage 2 you have to walk along a metal bridge. Which obviously you fall straight through. Please fix it Valve. Please.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 October, 2010, 01:15:47 PM
Got me one of those faulty copies of Freedom. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/oct/03/jonathan-franzen-pulped-fiction

I'm in two minds whether to send it back or not.

Send back half of the book and keep the other half yourself.

Problem solved  :D
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 October, 2010, 01:15:47 PM
Got me one of those faulty copies of Freedom. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/oct/03/jonathan-franzen-pulped-fiction

I'm in two minds whether to send it back or not.

You should keep it and wait to buy the omnibus edition.  Then you could say you also have one with The Corrections.  Wakka wakka wakka.