Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

QuoteThe radio edit of "Fuck You" to "Forget You" really saps the fun out of that song.

Indeed, but I may be able to offer you some solace at this difficult time.

I awoke this morning with the perfect realisation that I am a complete fucking arsehole.  This was markedly different from the usual nagging feeling that this may be the case, in that it came bundled with a clear epistemology, a strong logical argument and copious (oh so copious)  supporting data.  Isn't the subconscious a wonder.  A complete reworking of my priorities is needed, and so it's adieu for the immediate.  Until next time, may your Transformers never ship in less than C-9 condition.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI awoke this morning with the perfect realisation that I am a complete fucking arsehole.  This was markedly different from the usual nagging feeling that this may be the case, in that it came bundled with a clear epistemology, a strong logical argument and copious (oh so copious)  supporting data.  Isn't the subconscious a wonder.  A complete reworking of my priorities is needed, and so it's adieu for the immediate.  Until next time, may your Transformers never ship in less than C-9 condition.

Wow. Are you sure? You always seemed a decent sort to me, TB. I had a similar realisation a few years ago. Managed to sort myself out though, through a combination of Eckhart Tolle's stuff and and Landmark education (an extremely harrowing personal development course that I didn't finish and whose methods I have  lot of objections to, but it did rid me of a lot of arseholeish tendencies).  There's also a book which I think was called Dark Nights of the Soul that I read, which although was written from a religious stance that I don't have helped me to accept the shitty tendencies that I had shied away from.

I was going to post that I had accidentally filled my moped with diesel, but that's only a fixable machine and TB's is a much more serious issue.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Excuse the double post, but I just thought I'd better add that the above doesn't mean I don't still have quite a few prick-ish tendencies. But i try a bit harder to recognise them these days.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SmallBlueThing

Boarders with small children will be familiar with their annoying habit of repeating stuff you'd wish they didnt.

Last week i accidentally taught my five year old 'shit' and 'bollocks' in rapid succession, which didnt go down well with my wife.

However, nothing compares to standing outside your son's bedroom door and hearing his tiny voice singing the following. If youre familiar with Balamory, youll know the tune.

Im PC Plum and i like it up the bum
Im a policeman and i'll always be your friend.
With my magnifying glass
And my big fat hairy arse
I look for all the bees and birds and mice.

Shit. And indeed, bollocks.

SBT

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Colin YNWA

Yeah completely good luck Tordelback. Hope whatever the issues are get resolved positively and when ya ready you feel its cool to return. This place will be a lot poor for your absence.

Kerrin

Just been pointed to this and I'll add my heartfelt hope that you can work your way through this TB. Far from being a "complete fucking arsehole" you have always struck me as a prince among men, and the well humored manner in which you have weathered tribulations that would have buckled lesser men is an inspiration.

Good luck mate.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Keef Monkey

Aye TB, hope whatever you're working through works out.

Albion

After the cooker went up in flames the insurance is sorted and I then go and order the wrong colour. Mrs Albion was a little disappointed at this.  :'(

Today it was delivered during the agreed slot but the drokking installation guy never turned up.  >:(
Arse!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bolt-01

The latest printing of FQ15 (Gibson Quarter cover) has been discovered to have a mighty huge printing error which means I'm very unlikely to have any for this weekend. Which is a spug as I was hoping to shift more copies with it being part of the the Sci-Fi art book!

LARF

Bolt - bring 'em with you I'll buy a copy, a misprint will be worth a fortune in years to come!

Come on you've got to tell us what's wrong with them, you can't keep us on tender hooks.

Bolt-01

Larf- The coversheet is fine- however the interior pages are all from something Wicked 05.

Thanks go to SBT for noticing this- when he got the copy he'd just bought :(