Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exilewood

Out damned spot.

(and I ain't talking about the dog)

House of Usher

It was very windy last night. Got up this morning to find the lid had been blown off the rabbit hutch. One rabbit was still sitting in its habitual place getting rained on, the other had leapt out and gone off to sit under a bush. Before I'd even had breakfast I had to mess about with fitting new hinges and a secure catch in the pouring rain.
STRIKE !!!

Van Dom

That sucks but thank God the rabbits were still present and in one piece!!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

House of Usher

They were quite funny, actually. When we started messing about with the wreckage they came and had a nose around. They're always curious about anything different in their environment. One of them hopped into the hutch for a better look while I was unscrewing the old hinges.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

I feel ever such a fool! Tried to put the heating on for the first time a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't get it to come on. So it was extra jumpers for a while until I could take a day off work and book an engineer, who I was waiting in for today ... when I took one last look at it.

It turns out that the thermostat wheel on this relatively new boiler goes from high to low, whereas the one we had for 18 years went from low to high. This means that it was working fine, but I was turning it to minimum rather than maximum, hence no heat.

Luckily I spotted it and rang to cancel just in time (I actually saw his van arrive, turn round and leave) so I didn't have the shame of having it pointed out to me by a patronising workman.

Still, day off work, so I might pop into town and buy me a comic or two!

SmallBlueThing

A similar thing happened where i work. Sadly, we didnt notice in time and i had to suffer the boiler engineer's smirks.

One of my service users had switched the boiler off at the plug, while hoovering.

SBT

Banners

I can't wrap anything up without getting loose pubes trapped under the Sellotape.

M@

staticgirl

The £12 tickets had already been snapped up when I went to arrange my xmas visit to my ancestral homelands... grrrrr

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

johnnystress

Quote from: Banners on 04 November, 2010, 12:54:17 PM
I can't wrap anything up without getting loose pubes trapped under the Sellotape.

M@

I've read this half a dozen  times now

and I still don't know what to think

House of Usher

I was 40 minutes late for a private tutoring appointment last night because of a multi-vehicle accident on the A470 in the rain. Both lanes were closed and traffic was diverted onto the hard shoulder. At the same time, traffic was merging from the M4 sliproad was taking advantage of 3 mph driving to split into three lanes of traffic, even driving down the middle of the chevron in their haste to barge their way in.

I was totally prepared to give up to a 100% discount on the tutorial and cut it down to 20 minutes, but the mum was happy for me to teach the full hour. At least mine wasn't one of the seven or eight cars that had gone into the back of one another.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Quote from: johnnystress on 04 November, 2010, 01:19:31 PM
Quote from: Banners on 04 November, 2010, 12:54:17 PM

M@
I've read this half a dozen times now and I still don't know what to think

I think he'll just have to put some clothes on when he's wrapping parcels.
STRIKE !!!

Cthulouis

I've been waiting in the living room all day for the scanner I have ordered to turn up.

I have an increasing feeling it won't be turning up today. From tomorrow onwards I'll be at work for the next several days, so won't be around to accept it from the postie.

I also need to pick up another package from the post office; but if I leave the house, the scanner is bound to arrive.

Tis a difficult thing, this 1-2 day postage.

Cthulouis

It's here!

I knew sod's law would prevail, and that it would turn up after the previous post!

Blimey, it's a big'un.

*giggles the crazed giggle of one who has a new scanner!*

Peter Wolf

Quote from: staticgirl on 04 November, 2010, 12:57:39 PM
The £12 tickets had already been snapped up when I went to arrange my xmas visit to my ancestral homelands... grrrrr

I always get caught out like that because i am not super organised and together like all these early birds that know what they are doing weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks ahead so i always pay the full fare.

People who snap up tickets in advance are annoying.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death