Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Cthulouis on 04 November, 2010, 02:17:15 PM
It's here!

I knew sod's law would prevail, and that it would turn up after the previous post!
Did you happen to notice any pubes under the packing tape?
We never really die.

Paul faplad Finch

The b on my keyboard seems not to want to work on the average touch. I have to keep backtracking and adding in all the b's after the fact with sharp jabs.

And yes, I had to do it for two of them in this post.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Paul faplad Finch on 04 November, 2010, 08:54:21 PM
The b on my keyboard seems not to want to work on the average touch. I have to keep backtracking and adding in all the b's after the fact with sharp jabs.

And yes, I had to do it for two of them in this post.

I have the exact same problem with the shift key or whatever its called on a Mac keyboard when you type in capitals.When i am typing a lot [it just did it again with that W] it happens over and over again resulting in lots of backtracking and corrections and i have actually got past the point of finding it annoying but it still irritates.

The problem is the key is oversized in comparison to the rubber pressure thing under the key as its immediately central with nothing to the left and right so if you dont press the key in the centre every time it misses and it happens a lot of i am typing thousands of words.

I dont get why this problem wasnt obvious to Apple.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Cthulouis

Keef Monkey

My 5.1 system has kicked the bucket I think. Noticed today nothing's coming out the center channel (so no dialogue effectively), checked a number of different sources, cables and speakers and it does seem to narrow down to the decoder itself that's causing the problem. I put it down to 'minor' impediment purely because it was a really old system and I could do with something meatier, but I could certainly do without bloody paying for one right now so it'll likely have to wait.

Paul faplad Finch

Th cistern lever on the toilet just snapped clean in two when I tried to flush.

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

COMMANDO FORCES

I saw an advert the other day for AVATAR in 3D, this is after Cameron said it would not be coming out on a 3D format. Obviously he didn't make enough money from the DVD/Bluray sales.
This is another reason why I hardly buy any discs any more. I suppose he'll find time for a Directors cut in a years time. Is it any wonder many people watch stuff on the net ::)

SmallBlueThing

Because they've just brought a body in a bodybag out of the house next door to where i work.

SBT

Roger Godpleton

Back from holiday. My sister left the house in a *delightful* state.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 06 November, 2010, 06:32:58 PM
Because they've just brought a body in a bodybag out of the house next door to where i work.

SBT

I wish a body/s in a bodybag/s would be brought out of the house next door to where i live.

Actually they are not that bad but they keep leaving the outside light by their door and it has been left on for days on end.At night it lights up the outside yard like its a lightbox which is a pain as prefer it dark but some people are scared of the dark.

WWhhhooooooo.....

boo hoo

I might have to have a very polite word with them about it as its annoying as i dont like artificial light at night unless its very low level.I have a right to darkness and i am tired of it now.It should have a motion sensor instead.There is a light outside mine with a motion sensor but i turned the whole thing off as i dont need it on.I know the owner of the property who lives elsewhere so i could have a word with them but i get on alright with next door and i would rather not go behind their backs.

They just need to turn it off when its not used like they used to.

Peter Wolf

As soon as i post the comment the light goes off.

:D ::)

JayzusB.Christ

I locked my keys inside my moped's storage trunk yesterday. Cue a bus-trip home in the rain to get my spare set and another one back. During which I lost both my gloves, found one, found the other, then realised I'd lost the first one again.

On the positive side, Jessica Alba happened to be driving past and took pity on me, flying me back to Hollywood in her private jet for a weekend of non-stop sex and champagne.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Next door that i was talking about are moving out on Monday.

Synchronicity man......

Shame as they were alright generally and they were also quiet.

There was a Bluebottle fly buzzing around which was annoying  >:(.It was buzzing around in the bathroom so i took a swing at it with a rolled up magazine as it was buzzing around and hit it as there was a squashed fly on the floor.It was making it very difficult to relax.

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 November, 2010, 06:11:50 PM
Next door that i was talking about are moving out on Monday.

And to think, it was only a day ago you were wishing them dead! Looks like they had a lucky escape there, what with it being the wish fairy's weekend off and all.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!