Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 December, 2010, 09:09:06 PM
PW - unless both of the Banks involved are in the3 faster payments scheme, it can take up to 5 working days so don't be too hard on the poor counter/call centre staff just yet.

Luckily it was an error on the part of my Mum who transferred the cash into the wrong bank account [one of her own] instead of mine so the problem is solved and corrected.

I am just glad i didnt complain to anyone before i found this out.I wouldnt have been that hard on anyone really as i was just sounding off more than anything as i am usually polite and reasonable in that type of situation unless i am being messed around.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Tiplodocus

The hinge on the new bathroom cabinet isn't quite right so the door stays a little bit open.

(But other than that it's arsom).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Aaron A Aardvark

Oo, moaning.

Let's see: I've got an eye infection, my toilet's blocked, my TV broke down and I fell off my bike on the ice.

Noisybast

Let's hope your mum doesn't find out you called her a useless cunt , Peter... :D
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

Quote from: Aaron A Aardvark on 15 December, 2010, 08:45:24 AM
Let's see: I've got an eye infection, my toilet's blocked, my TV broke down and I fell off my bike on the ice.

Surely your woman done done you bad too?

johnnystress

car is in the garage, insurance renewal is due...the 3 mile walk I used to take to work a few years ago is now a hellish ordeal

My feet hurt, there's no coffee in the office and they won't let me turn off the hellish striplighting

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Noisybast on 15 December, 2010, 09:49:30 AM
Let's hope your mum doesn't find out you called her a useless cunt , Peter... :D

Dont even think about it   :o
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Just had a Mexican Standoff in WH Smiths over Comic Heroes no4, what a joke!

Caz was down the town on Tuesday (the day it came out) and offered to get it for me, she came back empty handed saying that it was not in and even the manager told her that it wasn't in. Wednesday came, I sent her down again but to no avail.
Now we get to about an hour ago.

I looked on every part of the mag area, including the womens mags, just to make sure it was not there and you guessed it, it was nowhere to be seen. I found the manager and she said that someone had asked about that the other day (I wonder who that was).
Anyway, she looked on the computer for the mag and couldn't find it, I told her it was out on Tuesday all over the country but here. She looked again and couldn't find it and just looked at me. I said can you find out through your suppliers if it's here, the phone was in a queue and she gave up and just looked at me again.
I then asked her to input the name again into the computer but miss out the number 4 and unbelievably they had 26 in the store. She then looked at me and said that they'll be upstairs in the storeroom and that was the end of the sentence!
I glared at her for at least 20 seconds and asked if she could be bothered to get someone to go into the store room and get me a copy. She caved in and came back down with a copy.
Do they not want customers OR WHAT!

I must thank Smiths for their excellent customer service  >:(

Kerrin

Well done for not snapping her neck like a twig CF. That's restraint of superhuman proportions sir.

Hoagy

You wanna just tell Comic Heroes they're paying shelf rent for storage upstairs.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mikey

Mikey finishes writing that thing, decides to print out to proof read. Not enough paper!

Mikey decides to reformat for printing on measley amount of paper;single space, smaller font etc. Out of ink!

Mikey changes font colour to green to bypass black ink. Out of ink!

I never fuckin use this printer so the person that usually does SHOULD RESUPPLY STUFF THAT'S RUN OUT!

I hate proof reading on screen.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mikey on 19 December, 2010, 01:16:43 PM
I hate proof reading on screen.

It's just about bearable when it's someone else's stuff, but when it's your own... it just isn't possible.

The Legendary Shark

My water pipes have frozen up. Cue me trying to finish my advent thingummy whilst doing silly things with a hair dryer.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

On the plus side, it's just the weather for going all Ray Mears and melting snow to make tea.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 December, 2010, 02:14:58 PM
On the plus side, it's just the weather for going all Ray Mears and melting snow to make tea.

Only if you have to.