Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

This is boring:

I have had a nightmare of a time trying to buy a diamond tipped drillbit today .

Tool shops dont seem to have heard of them.1 shop recommended a tungsten tipped drill bit saying it was just as good as diamond tipped when its not and then telling me i have to use the hammer action on the drill when thats exactly what i am trying to avoid in this instance.I asked a simple question about the difference between the drill bits they sold and he couldnt answer my questions despite him saying in condescending know it all way "I have been in this job 25 years".So i pointed out he couldnt answer my very simple questions and then pointed out that he doesnt know very much about drilling.

I didnt like his manner at all and his wearisome tone of voice unless its because he is tired of listening to his crap because i was tired of listening to it after 5 minutes.

I want to drill a series of holes through cement based render with NO hammer action and this is using the principle that the drill is spinning round and round at very high speed while cutting through the material i am drilling into. Its as if this something unusual  :o

I finally found what i want online which is just as well as i wasbecoming exasperated with it all as the entire day has been wasted.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Diamond tip is your best option. Lasts longer but you already knew that.
The crap our company use are Hilti reconditioned rubbish. A couple of engineering brick drill outs and the tip is blunt and burnt out. On a blunt tip it is a 20 minute slog for one hole. Unless you want a blow out the size of a fist and a back charge. But I have my trusty brick dye to cover said inconveniences.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Darren Stephens

So, my Facebook profile seems to have locked itself/ vanished from the face of the earth. Can't log into it, won't send me a password re-set email. There doesn't seem to be any way to get help with it either, as all I recieved on back from them was an email saying they can't help with individual accounts.Can I really be arsed to set up another? Twats. >:(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Peter Wolf

Quote from: vzzbux on 16 January, 2011, 09:24:40 AM
Diamond tip is your best option. Lasts longer but you already knew that.
The crap our company use are Hilti reconditioned rubbish. A couple of engineering brick drill outs and the tip is blunt and burnt out. On a blunt tip it is a 20 minute slog for one hole. Unless you want a blow out the size of a fist and a back charge. But I have my trusty brick dye to cover said inconveniences.

V

I always use diamond cutting discs as they are far moreeffective at cutting and go on and on and on instead of those throwaway black discs that last a few minutes.

I also dont know how you can be expected to drill through hard fired bricks like engineering bricks which just results in stressing out the drill and burning out drill bits that are unsuitable which is a complete waste.

I have to drill a minimum of 25 holes as i am doing a repair that involves drilling holes and then inserting metal rod with resin to stitch together a large crack in section of architectural moulding.This is why i cant use hammer action and i want every hole drilled in a day and no more.

I knew this was going to happen as i had a bad feeling about it but you cant do the job unless you have the right tools.

House of Usher

Spam deleted. Spammer reported for banning. My goodness, that took a lot of effort.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

And we all appreciate it.

Now, if you could just arrange to have the Prince Caspian movie deleted from this reality I'd be able to get some of my evening back.  There's a romantic sub-plot it it, FFS.  A romantic subplot.  

Emperor

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 January, 2011, 09:43:11 PM
And we all appreciate it.

Now, if you could just arrange to have the Prince Caspian movie deleted from this reality I'd be able to get some of my evening back.  There's a romantic sub-plot it it, FFS.  A romantic subplot.  

I'm working on it but it keeps popping up, like sweetcorn.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

HOW DARE THESE HOLLYWOOD SHYLOCKS SULLY THE PURITY OF THESE CHILDRENS YES YOU HEARD ME CHILDRENS STORIES WITH THESE GROTESQUE INTIMIAMATIONS OF WHAT PASSES FOR INTIMACY IN THIS MOST DEBASED OF EPOCHS IF I WANTED TO SEE SOME OF THE STUFF THAT THEY WANT TO SHOVE DOWN MY THROAT I WOULD GO AND WATCH BEING BAD OR WHATEVER THAT SHOW IS CALLED I TELL YOU AMC USED TO BE SUCH A NICE NETWORK NOW I SEE THEM PUTTING ALL KINDS OF RELATIVEIST GARBAGE INTO OUR LIVING ROOMS WHERE WILL IT ALL END I ASK YOU
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Peter Wolf

I havent seen Cat since 11.30pm last night when i let him out.I checked outside in the early hours of this morning when it was pissing with rain and he was not there and i have not seen him today either.

If he isnt in next door which he might be then i am thinking of and prepared for the worst.Next door may not be aware something is up as she probably presumed Cat was with me as she was away last night and she got back at about 7am this morning.

I dont say this without good reason as i know his movements and his habits very well.He is quite a streetwise Cat and is not the type to follow people or go in their houses but Cats do get stuck in places and there are always notices up for missing cats.

This post might be a bit previous but i will know for sure in a couple of hours or so when next door gets back from work but in the meantime its a serious worry and i have a bad feeling about it which i have NOT had before.

Cat is my little friend and i will be angry and pissed off and depressed if my worst fears turn out to be correct.

exilewood

I hope your little friend turns up safe & sound. We're having trouble with our cat, Puck, ourselves. Last week he was acting strange - sort of depressed & he wouldn't eat. We took him to the vet & after checking him out, he reckoned he was a bit traumatised after having a fight with a local fox. He gave him an shot of anti-biotics & some pills that he has to have two of each day this week. Problem is, the only way to get him to take the said pills (unless you want to lose a couple of fingers) is to crush them up in his food - which he isn't really eating. Catch-22.

Dandontdare

Cats are very resourceful ctreatures. Although he may not make a habit of going in other people's houses, "any port in a storm" as they say. Once there, he may be milking his rescuers' hospitality for all it's worth, or hasn't been let back out again. Or he could have just wandered farther than usual looking for a dry spot to shelter from the wet. Don't get too worried just yet.

I once knew of a cat round here who had two blissfully unaware familes convinced that they were its sole owners for many months, shuttling between the two flats, eating two dinners a day etc. It caused a big argument when it came out, but I never found out which one actually claimed it in the end!

TordelBack

There's nothing worse than a cat of regular habits - as soon as you notice he's not where he should be when he should be your heart leaps into your mouth and stays there.  That said, most of my many cats have done this to me at one time or another, and only one has ever stayed gone (touch wood).  Hope your friend is just pissing you about, and presents himself for punishment (i.e. extra food and attention) soon.  No harm in knocking on a few doors in the meantime.

On a happier note...

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 January, 2011, 03:29:00 PM
I once knew of a cat round here who had two blissfully unaware familes convinced that they were its sole owners for many months, shuttling between the two flats, eating two dinners a day etc. It caused a big argument when it came out, but I never found out which one actually claimed it in the end!

For those who have relations of a tender age, there's a terrific picture book with a variation on this plot called Tiddles, Arthur and Puss by Judith Kerr, the wife of St. Nigel Kneale,  (also of The Tiger Who Came to Tea fame, which gave li'l me more nightmares than any other piece of fiction before or since - the tiger drinks the taps dry, FFS).  She's one of those authors who gives each character dialogue that it's impossible not to read aloud in a distinctive voice, which I always find very clever, and handy for sleepy narrators.

Peter Wolf

Cat has shown up so its all alright .

I have never been so glad to be wrong.Thanks for the comments and apologies for wating your time and jumping to conclusions.

Quote from: exilewood on 17 January, 2011, 03:16:23 PM
. Problem is, the only way to get him to take the said pills (unless you want to lose a couple of fingers) is to crush them up in his food - which he isn't really eating. Catch-22.

There is a way to get a Cat to swallow a pill but its not very easy if you dont know how to do it or you are inexperienced so have a word with the vet about it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 January, 2011, 05:40:09 PM
Cat has shown up so its all alright .

That's the Mayor and Cat Wolf saved from certain doom in one day!  Hurrah!