Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and my home PC is gubbed again.

Not the hard drive this time, just the inability of the ten year old mother board to recognise the existence of the hard drive.

I'm beginning to think the idnustry assumes that a PC will turn to crap, become even more out of date and stop working on a regular basis, back up everything I need and buy a new PC every three years. That can't be right, surely.

I couldn't easily find replacement cartridges for my five year old printer recently (checked Asda/Tesco/PC World) and, as we needed to print something urgently, it worked out quicker and cheaper to buy a cheap scanner/printer from Asda (£30 - including a spare black ink cartridge) than to order them online.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

I've been told to have All Bran for breakfast by the doctor. All Bran is disgusting.

House of Usher

He's talking rubbish. You're probably all right eating bran flakes with a handful of raisins.
STRIKE !!!

Mikey

I seem to be the only person who likes All Bran. It's my summer breakfast.

My minor impediment is that I've agreed to teach. Why did I do that? I was caught on the hop and I can't be arsed!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

I don't mind Bran Flakes (I'm a muesli man meself, when I can't/shouldn't get mounds of fried processed meats), but my sproglets love it -they eat it in preference to any of the other morning dross on offer from the own-brand generic dried pulp range, often with a side-order of fruit.  Little freaks - if I'm not careful they'll outlive me.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 March, 2011, 01:49:18 PM
Little freaks - if I'm not careful they'll outlive me.

You should encourage their healthy lifestyle at every turn. Try to think of them less as children, and more as a ready supply of genetically compatible spare parts.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Keef Monkey

Well, as a Coco Pops/Weetos kind of guy it's not really starting my day with a taste sensation!

Dandontdare

Ryvita with jam will give you just as much fibre - mmmmm, sweet'n'crunchy!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 March, 2011, 07:24:05 PM
Ryvita with jam will give you just as much fibre - mmmmm, sweet'n'crunchy!

You know that actually sounds much better.

House of Usher

I usually keep about a dozen different kinds of breakfast cereal on the go. I can't resist cereal that's on special offer, and Tesco value bran flakes are exceedingly cheap full stop. When I was a kid I used to have to finish up a box before going on to the next one. Now I do my own shopping it doesn't matter as long as it gets used up before it goes stale. I don't generally feel like eating bran flakes more than twice a week.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

We did some shopping near the recycling/dump/tip and so decided to take some large cardboard boxes (the new table and chairs turned up in these) in the car to recycle, two birds, one stone.

Anyway, the queue outside the dump was massive, meaning that there must be at least 30 cars inside! So I decided to park down the road, well out of the way and walk them in. I just about walked onto the site and two tossers stopped me and asked where my car was. I told them it's 100 meters down the road. They said I couldn't come in on foot, due to 'Health & Safety'. I pointed out that there was a footpath behind them that went all the way up to the drop off point and it even has a person painted on it to indicate that. They didn't answer but just looked at me.

I moved up a gear, 'So what you are telling me is that I have to use the earths natural resources and sit in this queue wasting it by constantly turning the car on and off to move a place, so that I can save the earths natural resources by recycling this cardboard. Are you taking the piss?'

Again they just stood there so I finished with, 'I tell you what, I might as well just dump this down the road then if that's what you want but I won't I'll be going to the council and the Kent Messenger about this joke'

I am absolutely stunned. So Maidstone Borough Council will only let people recycle large items (that you can carry) if you use a car!
This is what pisses people off with all this recycling bollocks and before you say it, we do recycle but the more a stick is used the less I will end up doing it!

House of Usher

Dickheads! You should have fought them. Cardboard??? How could it have hurt anything at all for them to let someone walk onto the site via a footpath carrying cardboard? The fact that it took two of them to tell you you couldn't speaks volumes - maybe there wouldn't have been a queue of 30 cars if the site employees were a bit more active in getting people in and out of there. Please let us know what response you get from the Kent Messenger. I hope you did proceed to the cardboard skip anyway.
STRIKE !!!

Emp

Could also have posted that in "Stupid things people have actually....." CF, it wouldn't have seemed out of place.

I, Cosh

My reaction would probably have been to simply dump the box of rubbish in the path in front of them and walk off.
We never really die.