Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

I am starting to pile on the pounds again. Although during the day at work I don't eat anything when I get home I have a hearty dinner and tend to snack till I go bed. I know I am doing it but cant be bothered to halt or cut down the snacking.
Ah well, I have just eaten a packet of Pom Bear prawn cocktail (The Teddy Shaped Potato Snack) and about to chomp on some peanut butter sandwiches. Then its off for a few hours of Star Wars Lego on the PS3 before bed. See you in the morning when either Robbie or Sophie drag me out of bed at 6.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mikey

I had my first experience of actual teaching this past week. I've taken groups on jolly geologizing trips plenty, but the groups are generally interested adults not students who are supposed to learn something.

The last lecture was on Thursday afternoon. Some of the students were actually asleep, bless their little loans. Now, either I have a pleasantly sonorous speaking voice, they had no interest in the exciting topic at hand or they're working too hard. Hmmm...

The real minor impediment is that I've now a pile of work to mark.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

Had a bank statement this morning and as strange as it was for me, I had no money in my current account.
I then looked at the account number and it's not mine but why my name??????

Best I pop in on Wednesday and drop this off with them saying 'Get back to me explaining what's gone wrong in a letter and I won't be paying for that' obviously my time is money and I won't hang around for those twats  :D

TordelBack

After nearly 9 years of reliable service, my Nokia 6310i today fell under the remorseless tracks of a bulldozer and perished utterly, proving, if proof was needed, that time spent stitching a hole in my work jeans pocket would have been time well spent, regardless of the weather at the weekend.  Interestingly its immediate predecessor, some Ericsson thing I'd had from 1997 to 2002, expired almost exactly the same way (it was crushed a 360 degree excavator, but the principle of the holey pocket remains the same).  And so the search for Phone Number 3 begins, although as my budget is €0.00, I suspect it'll be whatever leftover I can cadge from family or friends.

Tiplodocus

Failed utterly (again) to organise a piss up in a brewery so am sat in The Drum & Monkey nursing a pint of Peroni feeling sorry for myself.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 April, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
Failed utterly (again) to organise a piss up in a brewery so am sat in The Drum & Monkey nursing a pint of Peroni feeling sorry for myself.

In Glasgow? If I wasn't stuck at work being miserable I'd have popped in to feel sorry for you too.

Tiplodocus

Yeah. Am on my way home now though.

And I was shit at 5-a-side (despite a couple of goals and a great save). Only some cheese based snacking, a large whisky, an episode of Star Trek or a blow job can cheer me up now. 

(I'm a realist though so 3 out of 4 will do) 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Rog69

My graphics card packed up over the weekend and I had to order a new one. While the upgrade is nice it couldn't have come at a worse time financially, but I can't afford to be without my PC.

To make matters worse I spent hours tonight trying to get the new one working, the PC wouldn't boot after I fitted it because I had unseated a stick of ram while I was tidying up the power cables inside the case  :-[.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 12 April, 2011, 07:46:21 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 April, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
In Glasgow? If I wasn't stuck at work being miserable I'd have popped in to feel sorry for you too.
And if I'd only read this post before heading home from the bus station I'd've stopped off for a swift half.
We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Finally got the wee bastard of a mouse that forced me to throw out an entire cupboard's worth of food. Unfortunately, the mouse trap didn't actually trap him, it just mortally wounded him. Imagine my delight when I got home from work to discover he'd trailed blood all over the kitchen floor. It looks like a Tarantino film in there. If Tarantino made a film about rodents.
You may quote me on that.

Rog69

My car is poorly and I was waiting in this morning for a hire car to be delivered.

I bolted downstairs to the door when the bell rang, thinking that it had arrived, only to be greeted by a gaggle of glassy eyed, grinning Jehovah's witnesses who ended up forcing me to be to be impolite by not taking the hint that they were about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

Mardroid

I got a message from a company so called 'ELT' the other day. I found it in my spam box, but it sounded promising being home based office work. I replied to it and I was sent another mail yesterday offering me a job on a one month trial basis.

It looked good, but I was a bit suspicious. The wages offered looked way too good for part time work (more than I used to earn as a Software Engineer but that was back in 2001). I was seriously considering returning the form with my details anyway, but I did a search for the company on the web first. (They didn't include a web-site link on their letter.)

Turns out it was a scam.

Still, better to learn now rather than later. So maybe this isn't really an impediment as I'm not really any worse off than I was before. Kind of relieved really, at least I know.

If you get a message from a company called ELM or ELT offering Administration/Sales work, delete it.

Albion

A major impediment really. While browsing the forum yesterday afternoon I got a page saying I was BANNED! Innocent little me, surely not.  :o

Many thanks to Richmond Clements and Emperor for sorting it out. It's good to be back
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

SmallBlueThing

Because for the first time in nearly a decade I have no beard of any kind whatsoever. Shaved it all off on a whim last night- but not before amusing my family with the inbetweeny stages of "handlebar gay biker", "old man/ slug balancer" and "Hitler".

Now I am completely clean shaven. And I don't like it. The regrowth starts here!

SBT