Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I assumed the Heineken cup final would be on the RTE. Curse you Rupert Murdoch. Curse your black and shriveled heart.
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

Bollocks. Just crashed the car. Front end all bashed in and waiting for recovery van in pissing rain.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Banners

My Bluetooth dongle keeps uninstalling itself from my desktop PC so today I updated the BIOS hoping this might sort it. It didn't, and now the machine won't boot into Windows properly. Hopefully the warranty covers this kind of mishap.

I got out my old PC to get that back up-and-running, and the power supply went as it was booting. I think the motherboard might have had it too.

So, I've killed two computers today - one temporarily (I hope) but the other beyond repair. It's a wonder the Missus is letting me use her laptop to type this(!)

Thankfully, I have three (count 'em) up-to-date backups from yesterday so the data is fine. Still, when your livelihood depends on your computer, this is a bit of a pain...

...sigh....

COMMANDO FORCES

Having a great last few weeks.

Firstly I've been sent a PCN for parking in the company car park, even though I have a company parking permit on display above the tax disc. It's been two weeks of emails back and forth and still I am no nearer to having it binned. Automated shit stinks. I hope tonight when I go in that it will be all over as my manager has sent an email with all the info now. If not I'll just go mental  >:D

Also Laptop is on it's last legs, many things wrong with it but now the fan doesn't work, so it cuts out after an hour!

I had to bring the brand new PC up from the cellar (only used it to check it works and do a few things on that the laptop couldn't do any more) and now the screen is locked in safe mode bollocks. Bods are coming tomorrow to take screen away, bang goes my bloody sleep.

Went down town today to upgrade my phone to the HTC Desire HD, did all the paperwork and when they went out back to get the phone, there were none in FUCKING stock  ::)

The worst bit out of all this was that I was going to chop up the Hi-Ex! 2010 2000AD panel and post it onto youtube but that will have to wait now. Yes I was finally getting round to it!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 May, 2011, 08:35:07 PM
It's been two weeks of emails back and forth and still I am no nearer to having it binned. Automated shit stinks.

It's begun......our hubris will be our downfall...
You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

Five hours later I'm still not home from work. And I was supposed to be seeing Emeralds tonight.
Fucksticks.
We never really die.

Colin Zeal

Due to a change in my work routine it may now be Thursdays before I can get round to buying the Prog. It'll be difficult to handle this, as I've grown used to getting it on a Tuesday when the good old WH Smith staff would often put it on the shelves.

Tiplodocus

Gah!  It turns out the car is an insurance write-off.  That is inconvenient.

Where can I get a reasonable valuation just so the insurance company don't try and stiff me? (Heaven knows that would be quite out of character for them).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Michaelvk

I'm inches away from taking a baseball bat to a client for not paying (since january).. I'm getting very tempted to round up some blokes from the shady side of my circle of friends and pay them a visit.. Disgusting how artists are treated.. Do they assume we all have a rich parent that covers our rent?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Michaelvk on 25 May, 2011, 03:42:52 PM
I'm inches away from taking a baseball bat to a client for not paying (since january).. I'm getting very tempted to round up some blokes from the shady side of my circle of friends and pay them a visit.. Disgusting how artists are treated.. Do they assume we all have a rich parent that covers our rent?

Have you been ignored by your client so far ? if so then your client is very stupid and is asking for it.

I know exactly how you feel being self employed and its something i dont tolerate as its simply theft.If presumably there is no reason not to pay except for the clients deviousness then it makes me see red and i struggle to understand how anyone can actually deliberately not pay who they have hired to work for them and live with themselves as its all about trust and betrayel of but unfortunately it takes all sorts in life.

It involves reading the client to see if you think its likely that they will try to rip you off as they can give themselves away sometimes what their intentions are.

Its worth trying out the Small Claims Court or whatever the alternative to that is in SA if there is one as its very likely that if you are in the clear and you have it all on paper that the court will rule in your favor.

Violence and threats of violence should always be an absolute last resort though but if it came to it and i was ripped off for thousands in unpaid invoices then i would find some way to fuck them up while not incriminating myself as they are not worth getting into a spot of bother over.If you have no choice then if you can leave it for 6 months to year then it gives the bad payer a false sense of security which means when they are done over they are much less likely to associate it with yourself.

Be careful and be clever about it as these types will run to the police.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Rog69

I just went outside to see why a group of lads were laughing and pointing at my car only to find a dead blackbird wedged arse first into the front grille.

vzzbux

Quote from: Rog69 on 25 May, 2011, 08:11:56 PM
I just went outside to see why a group of lads were laughing and pointing at my car only to find a dead blackbird wedged arse first into the front grille.
You murderer. Poor innocent birdie. I bet you had to swerve a few times before you hit it.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Rog69 on 25 May, 2011, 08:11:56 PM

I dont quite get why anyone would want to laugh and point at that.  :-\
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Rog69

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 25 May, 2011, 08:32:00 PMI dont quite get why anyone would want to laugh and point at that.  :-\

They just happened to be our village's allocation of idiot chavs who were passing at the time.

Quote from: vzzbux on 25 May, 2011, 08:19:36 PMYou murderer. Poor innocent birdie. I bet you had to swerve a few times before you hit it.

Thanks for that, I hate hurting anything and I always end up feeling bad about stuff like this, I have an image of a nest of baby blackbirds saying "Where's Mummy, she's been such a long time, I'm so very hungry"  :(