Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: Something Fishy on 23 June, 2011, 10:06:08 PM

she of the 20 something arse and the 40 something face.  What an enigma.

Over here in the Emerald Isle (and maybe other places) she would be described as a "1690" - 16 from the back, 90 from the front. It's also significant date for those interested in 17th Century politics...

M.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Michaelvk

Well.. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Something Fishy

Quote from: Mikey on 24 June, 2011, 09:05:06 AM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 23 June, 2011, 10:06:08 PM

she of the 20 something arse and the 40 something face.  What an enigma.

Over here in the Emerald Isle (and maybe other places) she would be described as a "1690" - 16 from the back, 90 from the front. It's also significant date for those interested in 17th Century politics...

M.

:lol:  Funny phrase.

Yep, aware of the year (if we're talking about the Boyne?). I did the touristy thing and went there when on hols once.

Richmond Clements

I'm slightly irritated becasue I had managed to avoid any contact with this person, and now I have seen a photo thanks to this thread!
Thankfully though, I have never seen its arse, and am not sure if she is the creature on the left or right of the picture.

(Trying really hard not to rant about over-privileged shits)

TordelBack

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 24 June, 2011, 10:36:32 AM... am not sure if she is the creature on the left or right of the picture.

Phew, glad it's not just me that couldn't pick either of them out of a line-up.  Last I looked 'Pippa' was a foster mother on Home and Away.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

paddykafka

I ordered a CD online from Amazon.co.uk over four weeks ago. I received an email from them a couple of weeks later to confirm that it had been shipped out to me, followed a couple of weeks after that by another email asking me to rate the product. Problem is: I never received it! I've already checked with the postal sorting office and they were unable to help me. I've now come to the conclusion that some miscreant in the building in which I live is stealing people's post, that is anything which looks like it could be sold.

Not only that, but one of the lads in the flat above me received a bank debit card in the post - which he never applied for in the first place! - but no follow on letter giving the PIN number for the card. We can only assume that somebody in the building tried to pull a fast one by falsely applying for the card on his behalf, and it's only dumb luck that my mate intercepted the card leaving the scumbag with just the Pin number and nothing else.

Our suspicions at the moment are centred on a new bloke who moved into the building a few weeks ago. This is down to the fact that prior to him moving in we never had any problems like this, and also the guy has "DODGY MOTHERFUCKER" written all over him.

Now I'm a fairly liberal, easy-going, live-and-let-live kind of chap for the most part, but when it comes to stealing people's post, well frankly, I think it's a hanging offence and anyone who engages in such activities is about the lowest, most miserable piece of pond-life that you can get. Thing is though, how do we actually prove that he's the villain in question? I'm generally in work when the post does arrive so it's not as if I can actually stake out the letter-box and hallway in the hope of catching him out. One possible I idea that comes to mind is to ask the Landlord to install some sort of hidden camera in the hallway, but I'm not sure how he'd react to that. Suggestions from the board much appreciated!

judda fett

@Paddykafka-

Carefully place a dog turd in a plastic container within a box and jiffy bag that up, post it to yourself and chuckle when it never arrives.

Dandontdare

Quote from: paddykafka on 24 June, 2011, 11:29:27 AM
and also the guy has "DODGY MOTHERFUCKER" written all over him.

Now THAT's an inadvisable tattoo.

Proudhuff

Post Office keep safe service, a word with the postie snd a baseball bat? 
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

I have each and every issue of 2000AD, the megazine, crisis, starlord, tornado, scream, the sci fi specials, winter specials, annuals, yearbooks, posterprogs, toxics, plus near complete runs of battle, eagle, bullet, and piles of warlords, victors, rangers, look & learns, jets, and tigers. And yet i can find nothing to read. How is this possible?

Plus, a short shufty through the piles of books on, around and on top of the bookcase in the dining room revealed one hundred and thirty six hardback or paperback collected editions of 2000AD/battle stuff i already have in their original format upstairs. Not a good time for my wife to casually ask if i really need all of them.

SBT

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Rog69

The book I have been eagerly anticipating all week arrived today, I bought it from an Amazon market place seller who described it's condition as "Very Good"

I would describe it's condition as "Minging Biohazard"

Emp

Cars been in the garage for 2 weeks cus the dolts keep ordering the wrong part. The courtesy car they have blessed me with is a bloody Panda and to add insult to injury some daft twat has just went into the back off it. ::)