Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

If only they did such a loaf. Just imagine at cons with your Dredd sarnie  ;)

I, Cosh

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 November, 2011, 04:19:33 PM
If only they did such a loaf. Just imagine at cons with your Dredd sarnie  ;)
I prefer an old cucumber.
We never really die.

radiator

Severe Weevil infestation in the kitchen thanks to an old bag of flour (little moths everywhere), resulting in us having to chuck out pretty much all food in all the cupboards, and me spending the last 6 hours blitzing every inch of the kitchen and scrubbing with bleach.

Let's see the little fuckers survive that.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

paddykafka

Might I suggest that, in giving the kitchen a clean-up, you were simply choosing the lesser of two weevils?

Roger Godpleton

One of mum's childminded childs tipped a plant pot over.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Rog69

I've spent so long on the phone to those incompetent fuckwits at British Gas over the last two months that I can no longer stand what was previously my favourite Blur song.

On the upside I got £30 out of them for my trouble.

radiator

Yesterday: finally got confirmation that we have secured our dream flat in London. Mortgage all ready to go, hope to move in asap. Happy days.

Today: Asked if I would consider relocating to a lovely part of America for a (potentially) amazing career opportunity.

As problems go, it's not a bad one to have (and nothing may actually come of it), but still....

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dandontdare

Quote from: radiator on 09 November, 2011, 04:39:13 PM
Yesterday: finally got confirmation that we have secured our dream flat in London. Mortgage all ready to go, hope to move in asap. Happy days.

Today: Asked if I would consider relocating to a lovely part of America for a (potentially) amazing career opportunity.

As problems go, it's not a bad one to have (and nothing may actually come of it), but still....

Oy, that I should have such problems!

As someone who considers "dream flat in London" to be an oxymoron, I'd say Go West, young man!  - you'll always wonder "what if.." otherwise.

Or buy the flat and rent it out for a year or two - it's unlikely to go down in value while you're following the American Dream and learning to spell things wrong.

Anyway, if you can afford to buy property in London now, you could probably go tits-up in the States and still afford to live in a proper part of the country when you come back!

radiator

The flat is part of a part rent/part buy scheme (you have a mortgage for a share of it, and pay rent on top). We could just about afford to just buy a flat of our own, but would have to severely compromise on size and location. Shared ownership increases your buying power a lot and is far cheaper than just renting (we couldn't afford to rent where we are moving to), but the drawback being...

Quotebuy the flat and rent it out for a year or two

...you're not allowed to sub-let because you don't fully own the property.

Hence the dilemna...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: radiator on 09 November, 2011, 05:40:24 PM

...you're not allowed to sub-let because you don't fully own the property.

At least not officially  ;)
You may quote me on that.

mogzilla

minis got a snuffle and cough so shes off school for a couple of days hopefully well enuff for our jaunt to liverpool and dinosaurs! (and kfc and worlds apart) and weve had to add to the spugs thread...

vzzbux

My daughter texted me and told me that her mum (My EX) may be doing a house swap on the same road as me. At the moment she lives on the other side of Leicester which is fine with me. If she does move this will deffo end up in the spuggs thread.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.