Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Rog69

I was reading the ebay related posts on the previous page of this thread last night and thinking how lucky I've been so far not to run into any serious issues myself. This morning the laptop that I took delivery of yesterday from an ebay seller packed in. FFS.

Noisybast

What's the laptop doing? There's a few tek-squaxx on here that might be able to help (me, f'rinstance).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Rog69

Thanks Noisy, the problem appears to be the graphics card / chipset, I get screen artefacts after the machine has been on for a while and it soon gets to the point that it's unusable. It could well be a cooling issue but I only took delivery of it yesterday and I've had about three hours use from it, so back it goes :(.

I've started the returns process, I'm just hoping the seller doesn't choose to be a twat about it.

staticgirl

I tied my belt tighter with a knot instead of using the holes and ate a packet of fig rolls. Thanks so much for your extremely helpful suggestions! *hugs*

Cyberleader2000

ok today I compleated step one of geting my life back on track today I went to a aperentship fair I looked round I got some good advise and saw some relay interesdting job ideres the only down side was that it was also opens to schools and collages so I was there for about a hour and a half befor the bus loads of kids went away and I could get nere the booths still not to bad I also got some realy good freebies for some reason GCHQ's freebies way way way outclassed all the outheres there.

any way my perents had droped me off so I was on my owen wilst they went to meat the assement oficer assing my bruotheres care needs or something like that im not very clere on this so I have to wait to be picked up so I decided to walk into town center and look round the shops still not bad except I carnt find the DVD I want any where eventily 5 hours arfter being droped off my perents come and pick me up now this is the problrm in that entire time I did not get a charnce to sit down not once and when I got home and I got out of the car my legs hert and now they still bloody well heret dam you sedterey life style.

so in short my knees and ankiles heret and I was unable to get the dvd set I want I know its a petery thing to mone about and partley my falt for being fat but dam it im not happy.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

TordelBack

Valuable extra careers lesson there, Cyberleader:  the non-supermarket retail and food prep sectors are not for you.  Nary a chair to be seen for 8-12 hours.  Creating unbreakable ciphers, on the other hand... 

Banners

Quote from: TordelBackCreating unbreakable ciphers, on the other hand...

--- Applause! ---

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Banners on 10 February, 2012, 09:26:12 AM
Quote from: TordelBackCreating unbreakable ciphers, on the other hand...

--- Applause! ---

lol

now onto anouther thing I swerre I must have broken a mirror or something as I keep geting blocked or made to shell out more money its geting redikilus first it was code geass season 2 geting cansled so I was forsed to get full price edichion then I have to buy 2 out of the 5 figeres I want off expensive webpages and just now I got a email for a dvd set I ordered from the usa 1 and a half weaks ago saying sorie were temporily out of stock it was £27 the next cheapest is £34 I tell you its a conaspericy im sick to death of evey thing I want to buy at the moment ending up costing me more money you know what I bet tomoro or some time next weak I will be moneing because customs will problay want to rip a lod of money out of me for a figer I ordered.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Dandontdare

I'm still not entirely sure that Cyberleader2000 isn't a ficticious persona created by Roger Godpleton to fuck with our heads.

Gonk

Definitely summat dodgy about 'im.

Slipped on ice and am just about crippled. The roads are clear - pavements like fucking ice rink!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The match has been cancelled. Bloody useless Frenchmen.
You may quote me on that.

A.Cow

Quote from: pops1983 on 11 February, 2012, 08:08:55 PM
The match has been cancelled. Bloody useless Frenchmen.

I remember our school's PE teacher making us play rugby in a hailstorm.  Something about building character.

Mind you, maybe he was onto something.  He also ran a black market in cheap kit, and the rest of the sports staff consisted of one who could only talk in mock Cockney-Italian ("You are the Mars-a-bar! The Numero Uno!") and another who spent most of his time rotating his penis with his spare hand via his trouser pocket.

Characters they certainly were.

Gonk

Those two were at my school as well, except one was a science teacher and would rub it through his trousers on the edge of the bench. It makes you wonder if these reports of time travel is true, and it's the same people? Should be on the life is so fortean thread.