Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

Update: Shingles fucking sucks.
I've got three patches of them, one on my back, one on my side, one on my chest. Feels like I'm sweating Deep Heat all the time. Good thing it only affects one half of your body.....what a clever (or dumb) illness. The human body is wierd.
Had to get FIVE lots of tablets for this. I'm gonna be a junkie by the time it clears up!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

maryanddavid

Thats crap Van, my Dad had those years ago and he was very sick with them.

Hope they clear up quick.

David

TordelBack

Aye, my mother had them too, and they were bloody awful.  Get well soon Dirk.

Van Dom

Thanks lads. Lucky I don't have a job to go to, what? Otherwise known as, if I WAS going to get this, why didn't I get it when I HAD a job to go to, so I didn't have to go!!!
I prescribe myself a day in front of the telly I think...well, I say that, but I'll get bored in about an hour. Never was able to do that whole vegging out thing.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Gonk

Well I must say your stoicism is admirable, if I was in your shoes, thank heaven's I'm not, I wouldn't be seeing it as "minor impediment", more as a major catastrophe. But then I've always been a bit of a pansy.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SuperSurfer

My sympathies, Tips. Mine too. In my case due to a long stint in a bad posture at computer, falling asleep on sofa, getting it yanked about in training and 40-something syndrome.

Third Estate Ned

Came home today to find out my wife had parked in a restricted area and the car has been towed away. The only way to resolve this situation is to now fork out 120 cold, hard-earned and wasted Euros. It's hard not to estimate the financial worth of the worst moments recently endured at work and translate them into the money lost.

Also, it was interesting that in her telling of the tale the sum gradually increased, as if feeding it to me in doses would render me immune to the impact.

von Boom

It's leap year day. This year we get an extra day to make a bollocks of things. Grand.

JvB

Something Fishy

An extra unpaid days work.

But we get a day back for the queens shindig I guess.

Gonk

What they give with one hand they take with another.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Dark Jimbo

A sudden, intense stabbing pain in my ribs this morning and then twinges of agony throughout the day every time I twist or move suddenly.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

Quote from: Van Dom on 26 February, 2012, 09:19:36 PM
Update: Shingles fucking sucks.
I've got three patches of them, one on my back, one on my side, one on my chest. Feels like I'm sweating Deep Heat all the time. Good thing it only affects one half of your body.....what a clever (or dumb) illness. The human body is wierd.
Had to get FIVE lots of tablets for this. I'm gonna be a junkie by the time it clears up!

Weirdly, I can vividly remember having shingles as a kid - I have some small scars on my chest as a reminder. Thing is, I could only have been 4 or 5 at the time, and as I understand it only adults can get it.

Cyberleader2000

I just woke up in the computer chair ive been asleep for about a hour and my neck and back heret I hate it when I go to sleep here
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Rog69

I almost pooed myself yesterday. I've been doing a week of early starts and to maximise my sleep time I have been waiting until I get to work before I drop the kids off at the pool.

Yesterday was really foggy and it took me an extra 30 minutes to get in, by which time I was so desperate to go that I didn't think I could get out of the car and stand up. I took a chance on a fart to relieve some pressure and got away with it, but I was almost bent double by the time I had covered the 50 meters from the car park to reception.

When I got there there was a sign on the door from the security guard saying that he was on patrol for 10 minutes  :o.

I was trying to decide if I was better of just going in my pants or dropping a log in the big flowerpot by the door when I spotted the cleaner passing through reception and luckily he recognized me and let me in, lucky for him too I guess.