Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Rog69 on 02 March, 2012, 09:22:30 AM
I almost pooed myself yesterday.. [...] ..lucky for him too I guess.

Harvey Pekar lives!  I could actually see the Crumb-illustrated American Splendor strip as I was reading that, right down to the Pekaresque punchline...

Trout

I almost pooed myself yesterday. I've been doing a week of early starts and to maximise my sleep time I have been waiting until I get to work before I drop the kids off at the pool.

Yesterday was really foggy and it took me an extra 30 minutes to get in, by which time I was so desperate to go that I didn't think I could get out of the car and stand up. I took a chance on a fart to relieve some pressure and got away with it, but I was almost bent double by the time I had covered the 50 meters from the car park to reception.

When I got there there was a sign on the door from the security guard saying that he was on patrol for 10 minutes  :o.

I was trying to decide if I was better of just going in my pants or dropping a log in the big flowerpot by the door when I spotted the cleaner passing through reception and luckily he recognized me and let me in, lucky for him too I guess.

Age comes to us all.

I suppose you could have wiped with a slug.

Spikes

They keep playing that new single by Dappy on the radio.

Something Fishy

:lol: at the poop story.

We take this stuff for granted when young.  It all becomes a major concern as we age.  Tis not good.

Mardroid

vzzbux

I almost pooed myself yesterday. I've been doing a week of early starts and to maximise my sleep time I have been waiting until I get to work before I drop the kids off at the pool.

Yesterday was really foggy and it took me an extra 30 minutes to get in, by which time I was so desperate to go that I didn't think I could get out of the car and stand up. I took a chance on a fart to relieve some pressure and got away with it, but I was almost bent double by the time I had covered the 50 meters from the car park to reception.

When I got there there was a sign on the door from the security guard saying that he was on patrol for 10 minutes  :o.

I was trying to decide if I was better of just going in my pants or dropping a log in the big flowerpot by the door when I spotted the cleaner passing through reception and luckily he recognized me and let me in, lucky for him too I guess.
Shouldn't this be in the 'how do you wipe yours' thead?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

COMMANDO FORCES

I've managed to put part two of the 2000AD panel from Cardiff onto youtube (It's on private at the moment before you look) but part one won't bloody load, aaargh!

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Mardroid on 03 March, 2012, 06:11:59 AM
I've never heard it called that before.

Sorry.

You never read Viz before, have you?  :)

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

Set my alarm for the middle of the night to catch a US listing on E-Bay, but didnt wake up till 10 mins after it had ended. Dang.

Roger Godpleton

I worked 11 hours today, and when I finished I wanted dinner. For the first time in a while I enjoyed a cheeseburger with chips from my local kebab shop. This endeavour started off well when I saw that this meal cost the same as it did in 2008. This auspicious start lead to even greater pleasure when I started putting food into my mouth. The chips, cut into the french fried style were crispy and taut, a better chip than in any of the major fast food chains. The burger itself was as good as could be found in a kebab store type of environment. The decision to toast the buns really elevated the whole composition to a premium level of culinary poise and coherency. I did not regret spending money for this meal and would certainly not have resented paying more.

Then I washed this all down with the can of Dr Pepper I had purchased from said establishment. I must stress that I do not hold the proprietors of Sunat's responsible for this minor impediment and that blame lies with the Coca-Cola company. This can of Dr Pepper was not very good. Inspection of the can turned up the phrase "Now with less sugar." What kind of shit is this?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mardroid

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 05 March, 2012, 12:15:03 AM
The burger itself was as good as could be found in a kebab store type of environment.

I like the burgers from kebab shops. I generally prefer them to McDonalds, although the fact they don't come with the green pickle is a shame. I like that pickle, one of the things McDonalds got right.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 05 March, 2012, 12:15:03 AM
This can of Dr Pepper was not very good. Inspection of the can turned up the phrase "Now with less sugar." What kind of shit is this?

Aspartame.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]