Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 13 April, 2012, 06:42:18 PM
Can't make a poll.

Some ginseng tea and a peek at the Underware thread usually sorts me out.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 April, 2012, 06:47:01 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 13 April, 2012, 06:42:18 PM
Can't make a poll.

Some ginseng tea and a peek at the Underware thread usually sorts me out.

He shoots, he scores.

Had great fun today taking part in a city-wide water-fight in Chiang Mai today.  Later realised the 'waterproof' bag I got for my new Samsung smartphone was full of water, and the phone not working.  I really, really hope it works when it's dry
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Put it in a bowl full of rice. It'll dry out faster
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Really? Or am I just being very gullible?  Actually it's so hot here it'll probably dry out in no time.  Whether it works or not remains to be seen :(
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 April, 2012, 06:08:33 PM
Really? Or am I just being very gullible?  Actually it's so hot here it'll probably dry out in no time.  Whether it works or not remains to be seen :(

I've heard of the rice thing.

Main thing is to take everythign apart, phone, battery and sim card give 'em a wipe and and let them all dry out. That's worked for me when the phone jumped out of my shirt pocket into the toilet. (I think I'd just used it too. Fortunately no solids.)

Mind you, I fished it out sharpish, and speed is quite important. I suspect your phone will work after  a water gun drenching though... but don't hold me to that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

it'll be fine. My old Nokia 3310 went through a washing machine and came out working.

Life is riddled with etc and so forth......because this is the second time today that I've had to charge my current phone. That old Nokia only needed charging once a week
You may quote me on that.

Cyberleader2000

I realy have to stop saying to the charity shop manager "anything interesting come in" every time I do she finds something that I want to buy and im trying to cut down as I just spent loads online
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Link Prime

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 16 April, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
I realy have to stop saying to the charity shop manager "anything interesting come in" every time I do she finds something that I want to buy and im trying to cut down as I just spent loads online

You're just waitin for the day she says "you" and strips off like a love-starved Bond girl!

Roger Godpleton

I have some sort of nostril zit. I shall spend a large amount of time convincing myself that this is actually the cans-cer.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

the 'artist' formerly known as Slips

"They tried and failed, all of them?"
"Oh, no." she shook her head "They tried and died"
Mostly Sarcastic & flippant

Emperor

I've been feeling achy for a few days (like flu without all the coughing and sneezing) the last night I suddenly felt dreadful - a lump came up in my neck (lymph node I assume) just below my ear and the ear itself was sore (making if painful to sleep on that side). I was a hair away from hallucinating and only being able to drag myself up the stairs, so I necked a Lemsip (the only thing I could find with Paracetamol in it) and went to bed.

This morning I feel better and am... functional (thanks partly to some ibuprofen) but I've still got the lump and the on inspecting it in the mirror I can see the bottom of my ear lobe is impressive swollen - red and sore, like an insect bite (except the antihistamines I'm on stop insect bites from swelling up and itching most of the time, might slap some antihistamine cream on just in case).

It is all really annoying. I assume it is a virus and I'll just have to sit it out but I've got things to do now I can't really focus on and at the weekend it is a friend's birthday, plus I'm hoping to go to the Sea Odyssey event in Liverpool this weekend a few times (I went to the spider one they had a few years back and this looks even better):

www.visitliverpool.com/whats-on/search/sea-odyssey-p304651
www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2012/apr/17/sea-odyssey-giant-spectacular-liverpool

I'll be well miffed if I have to miss either.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

I managed to track my Dad down to look at it and he diagnosed it instantly, as he has the same thing 30 years ago - red ear syndrome (rubbish name!!). Interestingly it says it can be linked to trigeminal neuralgia, which I have and am being successfully treated for, it just happens my pills ran out a few days ago and I've not had time to pick up my prescription from the chemists. So I'm off to sort that out now.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Tiplodocus

I got a dead leg at fives on Tuesday night and it still hurts.

I was closing a window last night and the latch bit flipped out just as I was closing it and poked me in the eye.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 18 April, 2012, 04:16:07 PM
I managed to track my Dad down to look at it and he diagnosed it instantly, as he has the same thing 30 years ago - red ear syndrome (rubbish name!!). Interestingly it says it can be linked to trigeminal neuralgia, which I have and am being successfully treated for, it just happens my pills ran out a few days ago and I've not had time to pick up my prescription from the chemists. So I'm off to sort that out now.

Still no joy on the ear front so I'm going to drag it down to the doctor's for him to take a look at, once I can find a bag for my head, so I don't scare anyone.