Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Tonsil cheese / Tonsil stones.
Why the f--- do I have it? How the f--- do I get rid of it? Goddamn it...

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Rog69

Throwing common sense to the wind and not wanting to disappoint the kids, I went camping over the long weekend while still suffering from the aforementioned nasty bug.

I got soaked to the skin helping a friend put his tent up and then spent three nights sleeping in the cold and damp before getting another soaking while taking my tent down.

I feel like shit.

Dandontdare

The floor next to my bed is always covered with progs, graphic novels and other comics and papers. last night I knocked a big class of coke all over them. I suppose it was an accident waiting to happen, but now I've got a lot of sticky comics.

And what's with this new paper they're using on the prog? Any drop of moisture and it wrinkles up like Norah Batty in a sauna!

von Boom

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 June, 2012, 11:44:49 AM
but now I've got a lot of sticky comics.

C'mon. Those comics were sticky before the coke. ;)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Because shit broke down in work today and what I thought were spare, replacement components turned out to be broken components that my predecessor had gone to the trouble of neatly boxing up again. Why?
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

I'm in the doghouse with Mrs Tips for not wanting to go see the Olympic Torch as it passed 500 yards from the bottom of our road and I was working from home.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

I hope your lighter ran out of fluid right after it passed and that you couldn't use the stove either, you unpatriotic brigand.

Rog69

Went for a walk in the local woods yesterday and spent most of the time swatting mozzies the size of bi-planes. I seem to have been bitten several times on my head and they have all swollen up quite badly.

I now bear more than a passing resemblance to Middenface Mcnulty.

TordelBack

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 June, 2012, 10:21:00 PM
...spent most of the time swatting mozzies the size of bi-planes....

I now bear more than a passing resemblance to Middenface Mcnulty.

Surely you mean King Kong?

Roger Godpleton

He's not swatting them away right this moment, is he?

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 11 June, 2012, 10:27:29 PM
He's not swatting them away right this moment, is he?

I think it highly unlikely that he has shrunk in the interim, not while parts of him are described as swelling up.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 June, 2012, 10:36:23 PM
Maybe it's quantum swelling.

The minimum amount of swelling that produces any measurable effect?  That's more Roger's thing.