Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

I wondered what it was at first (so many items bought in the last few weeks) and when I opened it up I was gobsmacked. Why can't they use one of those photo - Please do not bend - envelopes. It would be a LOT cheaper  ::)

von Boom

They probably realised who they were shipping to and didn't want an international incident CF.

Dandontdare

I think a lot of postie's view "PHOTOGRAPHS DO NOT BEND" as an inaccurate statement of fact, rather than an instruction, to which their response is "Oh yes they do!"

vzzbux

I am sure an environment agency would like to see that picture.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Spikes

Certainly O.T.T for a comic, but ill take 'packaged so securely that it takes 10 minutes to open' any day.
Ive seen photos of an expensive 2000ad original art page crumpled almost beyond recognition, due to flimsy packaging. Shudder.

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 December, 2012, 03:54:42 PM
a lot of postie's view "PHOTOGRAPHS DO NOT BEND" as an inaccurate statement of fact, rather than an instruction

Arf!

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't get me going on posters being bent in the post  >:D

The Legendary Shark

My computer died so I had to Frankenstein one together out of three old ones, re-format my drives and reinstall Windows. I've lost all my emails since April. I can't remember the name of that really useful little add-on that I like. Microsoft Update won't.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Zarjazzer

Tube up the spout north of rickmansworth lovely freezing coldd & no info train finally arrived now crawling home will take maybe another hour. :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Tiplodocus

I still have a dead leg from footy on Tuesday night.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 05 December, 2012, 11:45:17 PM
I still have a dead leg from footy on Tuesday night.

I broke my leg in three places playing footie nearly 2 years ago and it still ain't right. Just saying.

As for me: this is the busiest time of year. 3 week month, but 3 months of work = 80+ hour weeks. Working 8.30am - 3.00am today. Yay!
Lock up your spoons!

vzzbux

My 92 year old granddad gave us a big scare today. He had been up half the night coughing really bad not getting much sleep. He rang my mum saying he wasn't feeling too well. I took her round this morning. When he didn't answer the door I looked through the window and he was slumped in his chair. I was seconds from kicking the front door in when he got up and answered.
Doctor eventually came round and has put him on antibiotics for a chest infection. The blood he was coughing up was probably from all the hacking from his restless night.
He was very disoriented this morning but seem better now and wants to change his doctor as the one that came round is lovely. His words not mine.

V

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.