Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

I finished at 4.30am. I was supposed to finish at 11.30pm. Urgh.

Richmond Clements

von Boom

Dislocated my shoulder. It hurt like hell and worse putting it back. Now it's throbbing dully. Feck.

Colin Zeal

I dislocated my shoulder a couple of years back by falling off a bicycle. luckily I was absolutely hammered when it happened* so didn't feel the pain as badly as i could but it still wasn't much fun.

*I realise my drunkeness almost certainly caused the accident as well as acting as a painkiller.

Dandontdare

ouch! I once dislocated my elbow falling over when very drunk (which the A&E doc said shouldn't be possible). Tried to get up for about 20 minutes without realising why my arm kept giving way under me. After  a brief nap on the pavement, I managed to get up by rolling over and sitting up. I staggered home and would've gone to bed if my flatmate hadn't noticed the alarming angle of my elbow joint and taken me to hospital. Didn't hurt at all at the time, but was bloody agony for the next couple of weeks. I feel for you.

von Boom

I wish I'd been drunk at the time, then I wouldn't feel such a complete plank. Wet floor + old Docs = painful embarrassment.  :-[

vzzbux

Are any of you finding that things aren't as good as they used to be.
My lad recieved an Airfix model of a Red Arrows Gnat for his birthday. The actual model cut seemed substandard, The pilot was barely recognisable as a figure with very little detail and it took four coats of the provided paint to get a semi decent finish on the red.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

Because the stupid bitch who lives upstairs from us had another passive-aggressive pop at me yesterday about a housewarming party we had a couple of months ago, muttering vague threats about the housing association.

Granted, it went on very late and yeah - we probably made a load of noise. We won't be having a party like that again. We did, however, send out an advance warning/apology, and invited all of the residents to come and join us for a drink.

And at the end of the day - people have parties. That's a thing that happens, especially around this time of year. If we were having parties or playing loud music late into the night every single weekend and on weeknights, I could sympathise with her whinging - but we've had precisely two parties in the six months we've lived there, which isn't unreasonable imo. This silly cow keeps banging on about the fact that families and children live in our flats, which imo is typical of this silly modern attitude that we should all fucking bow down to parents and their wonderful, special children. If that's the way she feels then maybe the edgy, noisy, young, vibrant part of East London we live in perhaps isn't the best place to raise little Barney and Trixibelle? As I pointed out to her, some of us don't have children.

I'm trying to work out if this woman's feelings are indicative of the rest of the residents and they all secretly hate us or if she's just a lone weirdo busybody - the last time she had a go at us for making noise was on a night we had four people round for drinks, and they all left before midnight, and that was on a Saturday.

mogzilla

misery guts and her hubby from next door are playing a game of how childish can they be... we broke up an old cupboard from our daughters room and put the bits out for the council with a few others it not being on the list the council propped the bits neatly against the halfway down the drive naff iron fence . the next day it had been pushed over also knocking my wifes japanese maple pot over i stood them up again only for it to happen again!  last night i stacked them neatly inches away from the fence of naff and lo and behold! again so ive tried again and wedged another pot in os the cow better leave them alone .

this is the nutter who had a phase of lettin ours and a neighbours tyres down on a regular basis obviously going out at stupid o clock to do it tho we could never prove it when my neighbour put cctv on his garage to view the drives it stopped and she erected n other fence between the two drives agin halfway down!

Tiplodocus

QuoteMy lad recieved an Airfix model of a Red Arrows Gnat for his birthday.
I've asked for a Bristol Beaufighter for Christmas so I hope it's not all covered in flash and stuff.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

SmallBlueThing

Yesterday i came down with some yucktastic illness, sending me to bed for most of the day- and when i wasnt in bed i was being disgustingly sick down the bog. This is in addition to my double trigger-finger (both hands) which means i wake up in agony each day and unable to move my fingers. Oh, and my spinal damage- the MRI results of which i am still waiting for.

Today my wife buggered off to Germany for a tour and isnt back til New Year's Day, and ive got two kids bouncing around demanding entertainment despite having received a fortune in cool stuff not two days ago.

Excuse me while i lay here and quietly die.

SBT

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 27 December, 2012, 01:55:43 PM
ive got two kids bouncing around demanding entertainment despite having received a fortune in cool stuff not two days ago.

I hear ya!
Lock up your spoons!

staticgirl