Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Client asks for a design for a "folder" - which I took to mean something you insert individual sheets into. You know - you've seen them before. They're those things that people call a "folder".

So, I've spent a few hours on that. Quite a nice design. Now it turns out what they really meant was a design for a folded leaflet ie. an sheet A4 folded once to A5. Who the heck calls a folded leaflet a "folder"...!?!

What next? I'm going to have to check...

"So, madam. When you say you want a "poster", do you mean a printed sheet suitable for displaying on the wall? Or, do you really mean that you want TordelBack...?"

~mumble, mumble~

Goaty

Just got my old stuff from my ex in the post... even we finished before xmas.... still no sight of my real human heart in the package!

Rog69

I just freshened up the inside of my work shoes with oven cleaner.

In my defence, the squirty bottle of Febreeze is remarkably similar to the squirty bottle of oven cleaner, especially to a tired dimwit who left his glasses in the car.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have just finished working for the day. I am working again tomorrow, meaning I will have worked around 110 hours this week.

I am...tired.
Lock up your spoons!

mogzilla

My 7 year old came home on friday and told us that a teaching assistant had had the class in tears telling them to think about someone they loved who had died...are they allowed to do that? surely if something like that was on the curriculum parental permission would be sought ? needless to say we arent happy.

Mardroid

Quote from: mogzilla on 24 March, 2013, 06:32:03 PM
My 7 year old came home on friday and told us that a teaching assistant had had the class in tears telling them to think about someone they loved who had died...are they allowed to do that? surely if something like that was on the curriculum parental permission would be sought ? needless to say we arent happy.

That looks more like the type of thing appropriate to a drama class under 'how to induce a strong emotion'. An ADULT drama class, I hasten to add.

Yeah, out of order.

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 23 March, 2013, 11:53:54 PM
I have just finished working for the day. I am working again tomorrow, meaning I will have worked around 110 hours this week.

Aye, but you'll bill the client for 180 hours.

Tiplodocus

Due to go camping at Easter.  Extra sleeping bags packed in case it's cold.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Spikes

Feel proper rough. Yesterday was a day long endurance test, and thats no lie.

Link Prime

A totally random little 'water blister' is forming under my tongue every time I eat something.
Annoying as F*CK.

von Boom

Pinched my finger in a door and have a blood blister forming under this skin. Painful bloody thing.

I, Cosh

I managed to take a wrong turn while out on my bike today and managed to end up miles from anywhere in the middle of the worst snow shower of the day with a massive hill to climb. On the bright side, if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have passed a place called Threepwood Farm.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

My email account was hacked last night, while I was at work and what a fiasco. I kept getting email, text and pm alerts to tell me but by the time I could do anything about it my phone was nearly dead and I'd forgot to bring my lead to charge the drokker with (which I always do). I had to quickly log into the account, go to the desktop version and change the password before my power went and luckily I did it before the thing switched off!

Link Prime

Quote from: The Cosh on 27 March, 2013, 08:08:13 PM
I managed to take a wrong turn while out on my bike today and managed to end up miles from anywhere in the middle of the worst snow shower of the day with a massive hill to climb. On the bright side, if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have passed a place called Threepwood Farm.

I've seen at least three horror movies that started with that synopsis.