Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Ha!  Forgot all about that scene!  Loved that film - watched it over and over on VHS back in the day.

Link Prime

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sauchie on 14 August, 2013, 10:06:46 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 14 August, 2013, 09:55:48 AM
Im posting this from the sunny islend of Guernsey...and we have a major wasp problem. Fuck.

Look on the bright side; seventy years ago it would have been Nazis. Those little buggers ruin more picnics than wasps.
I've been forced to put a few of the flying swine into "quarantine  showers"...

Frank

The girls' toilet at work was full of those pissed-up, sleepy wasps who are just lying around waiting to die. I must have hoovered up about forty of them, but I did get that horrible shiver of realisation that I was basically Heydrich for Hymenoptera.

radiator

Just burnt my fucking fingers on a fucking pop tart! Molten icing stuck to my fingertips - agonising!

JamesC

Pop Tarts are bad for your health - just ask John Travolta.

Simon Beigh

Pop Tarts are the food of the gods, and if I go out like Elvis, it will be Pop Tarts instead of burgers...

Mind you, they do come out of the toaster hotter than the surface of the sun...

von Boom

There's a double entendre about tarts popping in here somewhere.

The only tart I want to pop is...

radiator

Quote from: SimeonB on 16 August, 2013, 06:08:53 PM
Pop Tarts are the food of the gods, and if I go out like Elvis, it will be Pop Tarts instead of burgers...

Mind you, they do come out of the toaster hotter than the surface of the sun...

You can only get strawberry and chocolate in the UK, but you can get all the awesome flavours if you can find an American sweet shop.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: radiator on 16 August, 2013, 08:31:58 PM

You can only get strawberry and chocolate in the UK, but you can get all the awesome flavours if you can find an American sweet shop.

And now cherry and apple too in the UK. But the US version of Apple & Cinnamon was nicer until they stopped making it :(

Of course, it's not just the icing that cause issues. The insides will cause 2nd degree burns in moments. I think Pop Tarts are possibly the most dangerous food stuff ever invented...

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: SimeonB on 16 August, 2013, 09:06:50 PM
Of course, it's not just the icing that cause issues. The insides will cause 2nd degree burns in moments. I think Pop Tarts are possibly the most dangerous food stuff ever invented...

Yep, agree with that SimeonB,
Took mine out of the toaster and waited about 3 - 4 minutes to let it cool down.....Then touched the pastry around the edges, and thought Ok it's now cool enough to eat ......
Took a bite and it instantly stuck to the roof of my mouth............It was still like molten lava inside...WTF !!
Next two days spent with a really sore and 'blistered' roof of my mouth..... :'(
They should carry a Health Warning ( like cigarettes )...
Still love them though !!
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

Ooo nasty, Bob. One must adopt the 'nibble' approach, followed by gasping at cool air, in order to ensure that enough air is mixed with molten interior to cool it sufficiently before burning takes place.

Surely we are due a scientific study in this vital area of food consumption?

(Am eating a strawberry pop tart whilst typing this) :)

JamesC

I've never had a Pop Tart. Can you eat them raw?

Rog69

I don't know about eating them but after reading about their heat retaining properties on this thread, I'm considering replacing my roof tiles with them.

Simon Beigh

I seem to have discovered my purpose in life; advising on Pop Tarts. Brilliant! I'm giving up the day job...

James You could eat a Pop Tart raw. But where's the fun in that and I expect it would taste godawful...

Rog This could be like 1001 things you can use WD-40 for. 1001 uses for Pop Tarts. Heat shields for rockets re- entering the Earth's atmosphere, nuclear bunker reinforcement, oven linings...