Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

I managed to step in dog crap last night and walk it through three rooms in the house before realising.

To make matters worse I am a typical bloke who only owns one pair of everyday footwear, so I have no choice but to stand gagging over the dustbin and run a twig around the tread to get it all out before I go out this morning.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 January, 2014, 09:35:56 AM
I managed to step in dog crap last night and walk it through three rooms in the house before realising.

To make matters worse I am a typical bloke who only owns one pair of everyday footwear, so I have no choice but to stand gagging over the dustbin and run a twig around the tread to get it all out before I go out this morning.

I have a pair of emergency trainers for just such an occurrence!

For some reason my front gate attracts dog shit. I've stepped out to find up to five separate turds right outside my gate, while the rest of the street is clear. The neighbourhood dogs must have taken a dislike to me.  I now have a kids seaside spade handy to scoop the turds into the gutter after my kids simultaneously trampled three turds into their shoes, and then into the house.

Splott is known for the dog turd problem - they are EVERYWHERE!  Once I had to call the council to clear up Splott bridge - it was impassable due to dog turds spread over the pavement for a good ten feet.

TordelBack

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 January, 2014, 10:48:05 AM
Splott is known for the dog turd problem - they are EVERYWHERE!  Once I had to call the council to clear up Splott bridge - it was impassable due to dog turds spread over the pavement for a good ten feet.

That's onomatopoeiac determinism for you.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 January, 2014, 11:20:41 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

shaolin_monkey

There was a drive to encourage the rather middle-class pronunciation of Splott as 'Spleww'.  I'm not 100% sure if that was tongue-in-cheek or not, as spew nearly rivals dogshit in the area.

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 January, 2014, 11:20:41 AM

Choking with laughter here.

One of the interesting things about Canada is you don't see dogshit on the streets. People simply don't tolerate it. Since arriving here 10 months ago, I've stood in some exactly once, and I think the reason it was left was the dog was ill. I won't say any more.

But it makes me wonder how much cleaner UK streets would be if the silent majority were less silent.

Hawkmumbler

Gave my mobile number to three people this week. They both saw me latter and said it wasn't recognised. I phoned them and my mobile number is listed as something completely different to my SIM mobile number detailed in my phone. What the hell is going on or am i being tapped by some little Afghan man in a cave with a laptop?

Something Fishy

More like because it's buried in ten feet of snow Trouty.

Trout

Quote from: Something Fishy on 11 January, 2014, 05:51:25 PM
More like because it's buried in ten feet of snow Trouty.

There is a tradition of discovered turds when snow melts. :-)

But I was here during the summer and the streets are a lot cleaner than anywhere I lived in the UK.

Frank

Quote from: Ken Trousers on 11 January, 2014, 11:58:14 PM
But I was here during the summer and the streets are a lot cleaner than anywhere I lived in the UK.

An editorial in The Alloa Advertiser once opined that unless something was done to combat the county's endemic dog fouling problem the letter R in Clackmannanshire would have to be replaced with a T.

Fungus

Trousers = Trout ?

I approve. In a previous life I decided to name a new server at work 'trouser'. This proved moderately amusing for a while, and soon after I moved on. Onwards and upwards. Months later I was forwarded an internal email from a mate. From the network admin: 'Due to server maintenance there will be half an hour of trouser down-time this afternoon'. Nice.

I, Cosh

Set my alarm an hour later than intended slept in anyway then inadvertently bought mango Fanta. The juice isn't bad.
We never really die.

Rog69

Quote from: sauchie on 12 January, 2014, 12:17:54 AM
An editorial in The Alloa Advertiser once opined that unless something was done to combat the county's endemic dog fouling problem the letter R in Clackmannanshire would have to be replaced with a T.

It's just as bad here in North Warwickshite, I live on the street that leads to the local park and woods so we get every dog walker in town passing by our door on their daily pilgrimage to take their mutt to drop it's fudge where the kids play.

I actually came up with an idea yesterday to take my mind away from my gag reflex while running a old screwdriver around the tread of my trainers, it involves a mandatory annual dog licence fee of £1000 which will in turn fund a compulsory doggie DNA database to cross reference trod-in turds against, a positive match will then remotely trigger an explosive dog collar and post out a Clarke's gift card to the victim.

Mardroid

... because it's not nice to sense that you like someone a lot more than they like you and you sense a relationship might be slipping out of your fingers before it ever started. Although in this case that might be for the best but... well, if you really like someone you really like them.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Is there going to be another Cyberleader style agony aunt thread?
You may quote me on that.