Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Ha ha! I actually thought of that thread when I made the post.

Don't worry I'm definitely not going to be asking for advice. It's just been bothering me today and it felt therapeutic to get it out. I actually typed a lot more then thought... nah. Keep that private. Just typing it all out seemed to help a bit though, but no doubt it's purely psychological.

SuperSurfer

I don't do good relationship advice so will go for the previous topic.

Inconsiderate dog owners = menace to society. Never understood why they don't put their mutts to do their daily duties off the edge of the kerb.

I named a road where I used to live until very recently as dog shit alley. Full of it and regularly right on the corner so tricky to avoid. I will be passing there later on tonight. I know now to walk in the road.

I once caught a dog owner putting his dog to pee on the outside wall of where I lived.
Me: Oy.
Dog owner: What?
Me: The dog.
Dog owner: What about it?
Me: It's pissing on my wall.
Dog owner: So?
Me: Take it to piss on your own wall.
Dog owner: I do?
Me: Well go and take it piss on your wall then [expletives deleted].

Years ago my brother told off a neighbour as her dog was pissing on my dad's car wheel. Her response: "Get your dad to clean it." Cue sweary response.

Oh, and my minor impediment, slightly related to the above.

Got the wrong train home from work on Friday. Wasted about 45mins. Got in thinking I won't dwell on that. Then found we had a blocked throne. I spent 8pm-1am solid trying to sort it. Then most of Saturday and half of Sunday! Now that was a waste of time. Unsolved so getting the pro's in which will cost a good hundred quid. A crap weekend in more ways than one.

GrinningChimera

The possibility of having to wait 2 more years for another season of Sherlock.  :(

paddykafka

That's because he's going to be busy studying and compiling 124 different types of dog turds, so as to identify and bring to justice their evil, inconsiderate owners.

TordelBack

Quote from: paddykafka on 13 January, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
That's because he's going to be busy studying and compiling 124 different types of dog turds, so as to identify and bring to justice their evil, inconsiderate owners.

Non-existant Like button being repeatedly pressed.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: paddykafka on 13 January, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
You just won the thread. :lol:

The Doctor Alt 8

So what dose he win?
A gold platted dog turd on a plinth?

TordelBack

No wish to get into specifics, just venting at the ether so I don't scream at my nearest and dearest, but for fucks' sakes are some people really just born to fuck everything up for everyone else in pursuit of their own irresponsible goals?  I can understand making the odd ignorant mistake, who knows more about that than me, but again and again and again and always in your own interests...  you'd have to suspect a malicious sense of entitlement somewhere.   Not to generalise or anything, but the Dublin 'professional classes' - fucking self-serving bastards. 

Ah, that does feel better!   :D

Hawkmumbler

Was cycling home last night from the gym and was clipped by a speeding car. I landed on my feet but I cracked my mouth on my handle bars, breaking the crown of my two top incisors and one of my lower ones. As im a student i'll be paying less for the treatment but it's still gonna cost a pretty penny. No comics for me for a month.  :|

And yes, it hurts like a bitch. Got a feeling the speeder was Jonathan Ross after he saw my comment in the other thread.

von Boom

Fuck Hawk that's shite news. Now I feel bad about griping about having to come to work while fighting a stomach flu.

Devons Daddy

That's a bad day there hawk!
But at least your able to tell share, could have been so much worse
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

Ouch Hawk, having performed a similar cycling stunt with my front teeth some years back I can confirm that It's no fun at all.  But as already said, thank Grud you're here to tell the tale.

Professor Bear

That's a sickener and no mistake, HM, but if you want a tale to put your toothy business in perspective: one of my brothers just had surgery.
On his dick.

All very routine, apparantly, but he can barely walk now and described the visual "as if someone had stitched up that cut you see down the length of a hot dog with a shoelace."

Hawkmumbler

I crossed my legs for a moment. Then a wind caught my teeth and cried out in pain. Your brothers pain is with me in spirit. ::)

Devons Daddy

Bloody hell!!! That is frightening mental picture........ :o
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!