Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 February, 2014, 08:45:03 AM
If I could be bothered I'd list the thousand ads that explicitly target a wonderful saintly 'Mum' doing the shopping, cleaning, cooking, feeding, homework help etc., with not a suggestion that it might be Dad who does these things, which in my personal entirely anecdotal experience it frequently is.

And worse, these adverts often end with a shot of a bemused 'Dad', who is oblivious to whatever product based epiphany the rest of the family have experienced, being tutted at by the rest of his head-shaking brood as he unwittingly makes a buffoon of himself by being a 'typical' clueless man-child.

"Tut! Oh dad, you thick twat!"
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Spaceghost on 13 February, 2014, 12:03:33 PM
If I could be bothered I'd list the thousand ads that explicitly target a wonderful saintly 'Mum' doing the shopping, cleaning, cooking, feeding, homework help etc., with not a suggestion that it might be Dad who does these things, which in my personal entirely anecdotal experience it frequently is.

And worse, these adverts often end with a shot of a bemused 'Dad', who is oblivious to whatever product based epiphany the rest of the family have experienced, being tutted at by the rest of his head-shaking brood as he unwittingly makes a buffoon of himself by being a 'typical' clueless man-child.

Typically, I am the guy who does all the housework AND get's called "Tut! Oh dad, you thick twat!"
::)

JamesC

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 February, 2014, 04:15:52 PM

Typically, I am the guy who does all the housework AND get's called "Tut! Oh dad, you thick twat!"

Then there are the adverts where the man discovers some kind of dodge to get great results with little effort (and so he can impress a woman because he hasn't fucked the job up). It always seems implicit (to me at least) that the man is trying to earn a shag by showing how domesticated he can be.
See the Karl Howman Flash Adverts or the Uncle Ben's Express Rice ads.

judda fett

Quote from: JamesC on 13 February, 2014, 06:59:46 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 February, 2014, 04:15:52 PM

Then there are the adverts where the man discovers some kind of dodge to get great results with little effort (and so he can impress a woman because he hasn't fucked the job up). It always seems implicit (to me at least) that the man is trying to earn a shag by showing how domesticated he can be.
See the Karl Howman Flash Adverts or the Uncle Ben's Express Rice ads.

'They've' even got Ronnie Corbett advertising meals on wheels where a male pensioner is trying to get his leg over by telling the meal delivery man to shut his mouth as he's trying to impress some pensioner totty into bed by hoodwinking her into believing 'he's' been cooking that shit up all afternoon.

Charlie boy

Ordered an album from an Amazon seller on the weekend (Blind Owl Records if you're wondering) and came home today to see the post had arrived. Well an album by the right band had been delivered but it wasn't the album that I had ordered.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: judda fett on 13 February, 2014, 07:05:25 PM

'They've' even got Ronnie Corbett advertising meals on wheels where a male pensioner is trying to get his leg over by telling the meal delivery man to shut his mouth as he's trying to impress some pensioner totty into bed by hoodwinking her into believing 'he's' been cooking that shit up all afternoon.

If only it was that easy...

SmallBlueThing

...because today I excitedly skipped to the cornershop to pick up my prog and my meg, after a year and a bit of not having an order... and was greeted by a sopping, sodden prog, which they could not understand why I did not want. A minor argument then played out, and they agreed to check their other shops for an extra copy, or order me a new one. But they wouldn't let me take away the one that I had already paid for. So I am progless.

SBT

sheldipez

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 February, 2014, 10:06:58 AM
...because today I excitedly skipped to the cornershop to pick up my prog and my meg, after a year and a bit of not having an order... and was greeted by a sopping, sodden prog, which they could not understand why I did not want. A minor argument then played out, and they agreed to check their other shops for an extra copy, or order me a new one. But they wouldn't let me take away the one that I had already paid for. So I am progless.

SBT

I can relate. I used to pick my prog up after work on a Wed and used to piss me off when it was raining as I left work cos I knew their would be little chance of me getting the prog from shop to home without being soaked. Progday occasionally would be moved to a Thurs or Fri depending on weather.

The Doctor Alt 8

I had a cold... I gave it away....

Last night I had to par boil life back in to my feet.

radiator

Trying to buy 'One -Way' or 'Emigration' insurance (for my journey), and nearly every website I try to get a quote from wants me to enter a 'return date'.

It's emigration insurance, you fucking clowns.

von Boom

I'm finding myself drawn into an argument over whether Dredd is a 'reboot' of the Stallone film or not. I really should just step back and ignore the clod.

Cyberleader2000

grrr stupid depereshion has struck again this time in a dirfent ways back for the last fue month Ive been so down I could not get anything done even opening figures but this last week ive been on half turm and Ive been using it to open all the figures im anout 3/4 way throw the stack when I find one of the ones is missing parts when I open it and I think ive left it to long to complin and get a replacement so now I've lost out on £10
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

GrinningChimera

No matter how much I change my diet or work out, I can't seem to get bigger. Not noticeably so anyway. The struggle for freakishly big arms continues.

Theblazeuk

GrinningChimera

According to my diet I should have guns like Lou Ferrigno...