Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus, Trouty, she's had it rough of late.  Hope she's ok
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

Thanks, all. She's not too bad, although very grumpy. I lost her in a supermarket for 20 minutes today and became convinced she'd been taken to hospital. There was nothing to suggest she had been; it's just the way things have been going.  :)

Ah, we're not doing so badly. We finally settled into a house, we should get a new (to us) car within a couple of weeks and everybody's healthy. Mostly!

And the hummus was delish. Extra garlic.

- Trout

Banners

Good on you, Trout.

Just realised my automated backups haven't been running since May. What a plonker I am.

JamesC

ZenArcade

I've heard of crashing a party but...!! Z :o
Glad no one was hurt btw
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Goaty

Labyrinthitis - why do some illnesses got cute names?

Spikes

The little out of the way newsagent were I buy my prog every Wednesday (And who had the Summer Special in stock, no bother at all) is shutting this Saturday  :(

Now what am I going to do?!?

Bolt-01

When that happened to me I took it as a sign from Tharg that I needed a subscription. Never looked back.

ZenArcade

radiator

What's that Nintendo? I'm not allowed to change the region setting on my 3ds to USA despite having moved here permanently (which was hassle-free to do my iphone)?

So you're saying I can't download Shovel Knight because it doesn't have a 'Pal' release date yet?

And you're still - for reasons known only to yourselves - steadfastly refusing to release any SNES games on the eshop?

I love you Nintendo, but get with the fucking program. It's 2014.

Link Prime

The region locking nonsense is baffling Radiator.

As for SNES games- they seem to be pushing them on the WiiU eShop, not the 3DS.
Dunno why.

Hawkmumbler

Think I might have a bend. Gonna give it an hour before I decide to go to the recompression chamber...

ZenArcade

JamesC

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 June, 2014, 01:24:27 PM
The region locking nonsense is baffling Radiator.

As for SNES games- they seem to be pushing them on the WiiU eShop, not the 3DS.
Dunno why.

Nintendo are getting on my tits at the moment. They're not selling WiiUs and they're still trying to charge £5 or more for 30 year old titles.
I'd like to see Nintendo do a retro themed WiiU. Bundle it with a disc containing a ton of old 8 and 16 bit titles - all Marios up to Yoshi's Island, all Zeldas up to ALTTP, both Punch Outs, Kirby, Donkey Kong and a few fillers like Balloon Fight and Kid Icarus. Sell it for £200 and if they can bundle in a light gun and Duck Hunt I'll pay another £20!

Pit may not be a good thing to rely on past glories but with hardly any new titles being released they have to do something!

shaolin_monkey

My washine machine finished it's cycle.  The first thing I pulled out was my favourite headphones.  Bah.