Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

"Oh dear," said the dentist, peering at my glistening pink abscess, "that's a good one."
Not the words I wanted to hear. He had a poke around, hmm-hmming. "Your teeth are fine," he said.
"Hn hnww," I said.
"I can't x-ray it," he said. "Well, I could but you wouldn't thank me for it."
The species of abscess I have, he explained, is not the kind that can be drained. So it's two types of antibiotic, one designed for horses and the other for cleaning septic tanks. If they don't work it's going to be a hospital job.
In the meantime all I can do is sit here, sweaty and nauseous and about three feet behind myself, take the pills and ache.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Jesus shark, hope the antibiotics help.

If it's any consolidation I have my own dental issue. One of my wisdom teeth is starting to come through. And it hurts like a bugger.

Link Prime

Nasty stuff Shark, I had a similar case about a decade ago- bloody thing nearly closed off my throat.
The antibiotics will undoubtedly work, but prepare yourself for some nausea inducing swallows once they kick in and break down the infection. All the best.

TordelBack

NapalmKev

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 January, 2015, 01:20:03 PM
Jesus shark, hope the antibiotics help.

If it's any consolidation I have my own dental issue. One of my wisdom teeth is starting to come through. And it hurts like a bugger.

One of my Wisdom teeth grew sideways out of my Gum and impacted against my cheek. It was absolute Fucking agony until I had it ripped out.

All the best.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Dandontdare

Hope those antibiotics sort you out, dental abscesses are no fun at all - remember to take them at the correct intervals and finish the FULL course even if you seem to be better!

Zenith 666

That's bloody infuriating shark.Had the same problem I no your misery hope antibiotics help you recover quickly.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, everyone. Feeling pretty miserable and sore right now but it helps to know you're all rooting for me (no pun intended).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

it's enamel reaction to be miserable (i'll get me coat!)  ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Batman's Superior Cousin

Been to get blood taken from a nurse today, following a recent chest infection (during which, my employers laid me off). Why won't they tell me my blood type??? >:( :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Eamonn Clarke

Because, strangely enough, blood group isn't done routinely in general practice (I assume this was done at your GP surgery).

The NHS generally only does your blood group test if you have been in an accident, or if you're about to have an operation, both cases where you might blood cross matching for a transfusion.

In many parts of the country GPs aren't allowed to request blood grouping. If you really want to know your blood group then the best way to find out is to go along and give blood at a donation centre.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ZenArcade

I'm a regular blood donor. It's a really easy process. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Batman's Superior Cousin

Texts from Last Night

ZenArcade

It's really straight forward. You register and give blood about once per month, I'm a universal donor so tend to get the odd phone call as well if there's an emergency. It is a very fulfilling thing to do. There are clinics everywhere and mobile services as well. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead