Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 02 March, 2015, 11:08:15 AM
Yep DDD one of the main components of homemade Napam and a lit match in a domestic setting??  ;) Z

Ooh I hope you had some mothballs handy!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 March, 2015, 10:25:59 AM
Heh. I remember my mum telling dad to put his fag out while he was washing my face with a petrol-soaked flannel. No feathers, no, but I did have a chicken's foot at the time. There's no connection but it was fun to play with because pulling the tendons made it grasp and twitch.
Hmm - was my childood strange?

We used to get chicken's feet from the butchers shop on a regular basis.

You would play with them until they started to rot and smell funny and then go and get another one. If you were lucky the butcher would throw in a bull's eye too.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 02 March, 2015, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 March, 2015, 10:25:59 AM
Heh. I remember my mum telling dad to put his fag out while he was washing my face with a petrol-soaked flannel. No feathers, no, but I did have a chicken's foot at the time. There's no connection but it was fun to play with because pulling the tendons made it grasp and twitch.
Hmm - was my childood strange?

We used to get chicken's feet from the butchers shop on a regular basis.

You would play with them until they started to rot and smell funny and then go and get another one. If you were lucky the butcher would throw in a bull's eye too.

Seriously, you people had an Empire?

The Legendary Shark

No; our parents had an empire - we swapped it for chicken's feet and bull's eyes. A good deal, I thought.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

radiator

Ah, the soul destroying exercise in mind-bending chicken and egg labyrinthine nightmare that is attempting to simultaneously change your UK banking primary contact address, contact phone number and payment authorisation password, all while living in another country/timezone!

Being a grown up rules!

TordelBack

Urrgh, the cricket! Ireland chasing SA's 411 for 4, and at 150 for 7. Why must these antipodean games be played when the pubs aren't open. Going to bury my head in the snow until it's over.

Colin Zeal

Could be worse; you could support the England cricket team.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 03 March, 2015, 09:58:39 AM
Could be worse; you could support the England cricket team.

Practically do, they've stolen so many of our best players...

Colin Zeal

If we drop Eoin Morgan now, it will only take five years before he's eligible to play for Ireland again.

Bolt-01

... because Zarjaz has to go back to the printers! I've spotted a minor error that thankfully can be fixed without reporting to Mek-Quake. Looks like it might be this time next week before I get them back!

Grugz

I have shingles! so far the dr and the wife have offered me bells to wear around my neck while calling "unclean"!!!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Spikes

Quote from: Grugz on 04 March, 2015, 05:14:10 PM
I have shingles! so far the dr and the wife have offered me bells to wear around my neck while calling "unclean"!!!

I had a bout of shingles about two years ago, and thankfully it never really amounted to much, but still not nice.
Hope your crop stays under control Grugz!

And on the 'lighter' side; Shingles is midly contagious, but very hard to transmit, or so im lead to believe. But a serial malingerer at my work, enjoyed a full week off, because he claimed he caught it from me.

Some people, eh?

Theblazeuk

From what Joe Cornish of Adam and Joe said, you'd have to get quite up in there. And they would also be fairly well diagnosed as faking if your boss ever said "Oh aye, no problem just bring that doctor's note in".

Spikes

You can self certificate for up to a five day period - not counting weekends. Any longer than that you do have to bring in a doctors note upon returning.

So, if you want to swing the lead, then stick to doing it for no more than five days at a time!

IIRC, I took off two days off work, and that was after medical advice.