Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Good luck finding any of the feckin things. It would appear Walls have developed a stranglehold on frozen tasty treats.
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JudgeOiNK! on 28 April, 2015, 11:30:14 AM
King Pops, you'd be from Northern Ireland too then I take it?  I'm in the mood for a Pear Picking Porky now too but stuck in work... oh!  Or maybe a Joker!
The Pear Pickin' Porky was always a classic hangover cure...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 April, 2015, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: JudgeOiNK! on 28 April, 2015, 11:30:14 AM
King Pops, you'd be from Northern Ireland too then I take it?  I'm in the mood for a Pear Picking Porky now too but stuck in work... oh!  Or maybe a Joker!
The Pear Pickin' Porky was always a classic hangover cure...

Quite effective too
You may quote me on that.

ZenArcade

Frack, haven't had one in yonks. Must get some. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

radiator

Monday: Buy myself a nice new wallet.

Wednesday: Somehow manage to lose brand new wallet in the 20m between the office and local shop. First wallet I've ever lost.

>:(

SuperSurfer

Ah, the old: "where did I put that memory stick?" routine.

When will I learn?

Professor Bear

Paypal have "limited" (frozen) my account because of European laws meant to prevent money laundering.  Apparantly what I should have done was close the account when I approached the threshold amount of money that can pass through it, but then open another account using the same details and then keep doing that indefinitely.  Erm...

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've lost the book I was reading (MaddAdamm) and the 35 year old bookmark in it
Lock up your spoons!

Banners

Nothing I can do about it, but the Daily Mail have put a picture of my wife and 1yr old son on their website. The fucking Daily Mail. Grrr!

NapalmKev

Quote from: Banners on 27 May, 2015, 01:32:12 PM
Nothing I can do about it, but the Daily Mail have put a picture of my wife and 1yr old son on their website. The fucking Daily Mail. Grrr!

Stick a copy of the the 'Daily Heil' in a pile of Horseshit, take a photo and then ask them to print that instead.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

A.Cow

Quote from: NapalmKev on 27 May, 2015, 02:14:58 PM
Stick a copy of the the 'Daily Heil' in a pile of Horseshit, take a photo and then ask them to print that instead.

The scary thing is that they probably would print that photo, accompanied by a 20-word headline and an insistence that the photo is "hilarious".  And then another article explaining how the last one had gone viral.

JudgeOiNK!

What have they done this for?!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Banners

They're in a screen grab from a video on YouTube, so I accept that the images are already on the 'net (albeit in video format). I have to be be pragmatic – other people have it far worse, and the story is overwhelmingly positive, even if some of the comments aren't (somewhat predictably).

It's just a bit of a shame that, in general, media outlets are allowed to use – and in a very tiny way, profit from – pictures of 1yr old babies without asking. And, in this specific case, it's just a bit of a shame that it's the fucking Daily Mail.

The Legendary Shark

Maybe we should all copyright/trademark our faces. Then, when something like this happens, we can charge the buggers!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

Surely if someone uses a picture of you without your permission you can complain to them asking them to take it down? The DM can replace it with a licensed stock photo or one from their own library that would suit their illustration needs just as well?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla