Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 15 July, 2015, 02:47:44 AM
though I love living here so much, these new revelations are really making me consider upping sticks as soon as my contract is up and heading back to UK

I think it speaks to your unassailable Britishness that you listed this under a thread for minor impediments.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

Enough about earthquakes. What's this thing about dangling dildoes across the city?

Grugz

well, the £40 we thought had been nicked in leeds was actually spent by me in blackpool! so that was that sorted.. even thought the girl I reported it to couldn't let me know this from the word go meaning I had to cut my card up for nowt....the wheelchair company however took £65 form our account because they say we lost a legrest even though I have told them til I'm blue in the face that it went in the box with the chair and the other rest and went on a TNT van...who,have since been in touch with a picture of the rest found at a depot and sent it to the company (it looks exactly like the rest we are supposed to have lost even down to the fact it was extednded to oits longest setting for my mum in laws gammy leg. the company (I wont name them yet) tell us its not the one but have kept it anyway.and are still refusing to pay us back...I wrote to trading standards and even the fca ( I'm saving bbc's watchdog til later) and am in a very bad mood.

TNT have been very nice and their customer service has been great btw!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

staticgirl

Capital Newsagents in Tottenham Ct Rd have closed down. They did say they were going to be moving to somewhere nearer Tottenham Ct Rd tube but I haven't found them. It's where I usually get my 2000AD, Megazine and various history and science magazines. They had a great selection and were nice people.

Does anyone know where they've gone?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mikey

Quote from: radiator on 15 July, 2015, 02:47:44 AM
Lots in the news lately about this catastrophic earthquake that will apparently happen sooner or later where I live (Oregon, USA), including suggestions that when it eventually does happen it will be the worst national disaster in US history and completely devastate much of the entire North West of the continent. 1 in 3 chance of it happening in the next 50 years, whatever that means.

But it could have happened before it hit the news.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

8-Ball

My neighbour has gone on holiday for a fortnight and left her three teenage kids to fend for themselves, so you can guess what comes next... PARTY! On Thursday night I arrived home from work to find a paralytic fifteen year old girl sprawled out on the pavement. She was so far gone that she had pissed herself right there on the kerbside and, of course, all her friends were standing around recording it all on their phones. After a night of respite I thought everything had calmed down but no, there are currently about forty rowdy schoolkids next door blaring out shitty house music and generally being obnoxious. And it is only just gone past Nine O'Clock. The party on Thursday lasted until 02:30 on Friday morning. Not looking forward to the next few hours! >:( :( :'(
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Professor Bear

Phone the cops, you bloody eedjit.  What happens if one of hose kids dies?  It will absolutely hammer your house price, that's what.

8-Ball

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 08 August, 2015, 10:42:07 PM
Phone the cops, you bloody eedjit.  What happens if one of hose kids dies?  It will absolutely hammer your house price, that's what.

I'm in luck. It's starting raining so they've all buggered off to someone else's house. On the subject of calling the cops, that is what the mother said to me before jumping in a taxi to the airport, "If they give you any trouble just phone the police." I was more of the opinion that the little brats should behave themselves so that I didn't have to. I have no intention of getting my car keyed or a brick put through my window just because I spoiled their party.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Professor Bear

Phone the police and say that there's a man with a gun in one of the top rooms.

The Legendary Shark

Join the party, drink all their booze, get the girls pregnant, punch the hosts and nick all the best DVDs! Honestly, I sometimes think we've forgotten how to have fun...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Always phone the police, or at the very least the ambulance service, if you see a situation like that and intervene, if you feel safe to do so. It's always better to be safe than sorry!

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Theblazeuk