Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Sorry to lower the tone but toilets that can't handle average sized human waste!
Certain toilets seem to block up when you try to flush anything larger than Mars Bar size.
I think all toilets should be able to flush away a whole grapefruit or a gala melon just to be on the safe side.

DaveGYNWA

So that trip to Macclesfield......it turned out that the location I'm supposed to be going to is actually nearer Knutsford and not Macclesfield. That's OK - just continue on further to Stockport and change over to head to Knutsford. Added an extra hour to the journey, but that was fine.

On-site by 11:30 on Monday - out of there at 4pm, lift back to hotel which is nearly 3 miles away from location and check-in and chill out. Nice place, but smack in the middle of nowhere - literally nothing to do.

Taking advantage of the easy route back to the location and walking it - first walk yesterday took 55 minutes, today's took 45 minutes. Might be able to squeeze that to 40 minutes tomorrow, but will taxi it on Friday as will have my bags with me.

It's all good....annoying but not overly.

It's when the customer asks why people always come in to Macclesfield instead of Crewe, or doesn't stay in a hotel in Knutsford, when there is a shuttle bus that runs from Crewe station as well as Knutsford station to and from the site daily that you go ARGH!!!!

Might be on-site again the week after the bank holiday - I'll be staying in Crewe and shuttling in then, I think.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Theblazeuk

Take it they're the ones who said 'Macclesfield' in the first place?

DaveGYNWA

Well, they have a location in Macclesfield and my boss usually trains to Macclesfield and gets a taxi to 'the site' from there. He, at no point, indicated that 'the site' he went to was the one I'm currently at - he just said 'go to macclesfield and get a taxi to the site'. As the customer actually has a site in Macclesfield, then there was no quibble from me.

It was only on Sunday that I got an email from my contact at the site and I noticed his address in the signature - asked him to confirm location, and then we got things sorted out (hotel hadn't been booked yet, so was all good)

Banners

I'm in Crewe. If you get a chance, visit Beer Dock just up from the station – highly recommended.

Tiplodocus

So it turns out I have had some sort of intestinal infection this last week. So gaviscon and windeze were never going to help. Tthe Doc says will work itself out in another few days. Probably.  But at least I have some drugs that work on the symptoms now.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Banners on 19 August, 2015, 02:02:25 PM
I'm in Crewe. If you get a chance, visit Beer Dock just up from the station – highly recommended.

I might well do that.

Who am I kidding? Of course I'll do that.

sheridan

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 19 August, 2015, 10:59:29 AM
Might be on-site again the week after the bank holiday - I'll be staying in Crewe and shuttling in then, I think.

No idea if it will still be there, but while I lived in Crewe there was a decent-ish comic shop.  To give you an idea how out of date my scant info may be, the main story I can remember from the time was Judge Dredd: The Exploding Man...

Banners

Quote from: sheridan
No idea if it will still be there, but while I lived in Crewe there was a decent-ish comic shop.  To give you an idea how out of date my scant info may be, the main story I can remember from the time was Judge Dredd: The Exploding Man...

Think the nearest comic shop is FP in Hanley, successor to the wonderful Fantasy World of my youth. Most of my paper-round money was split between there and the awesome (but long-gone) Mike Lloyd Megastore nearby.

sheridan

Quote from: Banners on 20 August, 2015, 01:57:26 PM
Quote from: sheridan

Think the nearest comic shop is FP in Hanley, successor to the wonderful Fantasy World of my youth. Most of my paper-round money was split between there and the awesome (but long-gone) Mike Lloyd Megastore nearby.

*heh* same here (except I didn't have a paper-round, and didn't get into buying music 'til long after I'd left the Five Towns).  I did buy Absolution at MLM though, the start of a long slide into Goth.

In addition to being one of the first places I started buying back progs (I think the actual first place was a comic shop in Bristol, while on holiday - guess I hadn't heard of FW at that point), Fantasy World was also where I bought my first issues of White Dwarf, back when it ran Judge Dredd scenarios and material for things-that-weren't-Games-Workshop-products.  Plus a few of the GW JD figures I own.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 20 August, 2015, 10:42:05 PM
In addition to being one of the first places I started buying back progs (I think the actual first place was a comic shop in Bristol, while on holiday - guess I hadn't heard of FW at that point), Fantasy World was also where I bought my first issues of White Dwarf, back when it ran Judge Dredd scenarios and material for things-that-weren't-Games-Workshop-products.  Plus a few of the GW JD figures I own.

Considering the thread, I'd better complain about something.  Ah, Fantasy World, the good old days - tiny 'ground' floor with the counter and magazines on the left and the miniature cabinet on the right, up the stairs with its posters, past the Tshirt racks onward and around the corner to the comics section, with the 2000AD outpost at the far end!  I used to get one or two back progs a week, filling most of the gaps down to 300, breaking that barrier and going in to the sub-300s.  The lower numbers were far out of my price range.

Here comes the moan.

Of course, it all started going downhill when the quotient of movie posters started increasing, and the martial arts weapons marked the turning point.  Got so that (long after I'd moved away from the area) I didn't even really lament it that much when I found out it had been bought out/replaced/whatever by Forbidden Planet.  Speaking of which - I did visit FP while visiting family a few years back.  Better than I may have expected, and different to the other FPs I've been to (London, Manchester and Colchester).  Seems more like an Affleck's Palace kind of shop than your standard FP, but with more tabletop games and comics (mostly graphic novels, don't recall there having been any back progs/issues, but we did only scoot around the once before retiring to a local rock pub).

Grugz

spent a lovely morning in a and e getting prodded by a physio,,,i may have a prolapsed disc in my back so on the urgent list for a MR scan and then a follow up appointment in the spinal clinic then possibly another operation! yipee!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Cyberleader2000

Tryed to get hold of a sub online for the Kikaider Reboot movie for the last few month I cant as the USA has it out on DVD so the only place I can get it from is amazon USA when I try to buy the dam thing I can't because the manafachers are a bunch of dicks who decided to make it a USA exclusive and make shure no one in UK can ever see it
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime