Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Now see, i'll eat a meat free meal happily, but I draw the line at a dish where the onion has been anything other than finely diced. A dish where you can taste the onion is a dish ruined. Urgh, hate onions with a passion.

von Boom

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 26 October, 2015, 05:36:00 PM
Now see, i'll eat a meat free meal happily, but I draw the line at a dish where the onion has been anything other than finely diced. A dish where you can taste the onion is a dish ruined. Urgh, hate onions with a passion.

Donc tu n'es pas français, puis.

I, Cosh

Ten days since a boarder had an impediment, eh?

Think I got sunburnt eating lunch on the roof terrace at work today.
We never really die.

DaveGYNWA

Wife's car broke down last Friday, appeared to be a transmission fluid leak. Garage collected it yesterday, called up a little while later to advise that the gearbox was bollixed and needed to be replaced. Called today to provide costs - new one, plus labour = £4,500, second-hand, plus labour = ~£1,000.

Bought the car last year for £1,400, it's 15 years old.....we're having it put down.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Grugz

My daughter got free sparklers from "the range" for last night ,I tried lighting one for her it didn't light straight away then flared up about 4-5 inches burning my thumb ,luckily she wasn't holding it or it might have caused her some serious damage and the buggers lasted 2-3 seconds each .
  So sore thumb today and i'll be wording a strong letter to  the range today.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Hawkmumbler

Grugz

I think one of their sparklers might be more effective.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Mardroid

I think wearing gloves is advisable with sparklers. Particularly the kiddies.

That doesn't let that company off the hook for this mishap though.

Grugz

she had hers on ,but the way it flared up it might have set them on fire,i dropped the bugger in a bowl of water and it continued to burn underwater!

TordelBack

I appear to be lacking a very specific part of the normal human psyche.  It's the bit that apparently creates enormous pleasure from making everyone around you do things to your precise specifications, with added tingles from the degree of inconvenience caused.  It seems to be essential for maximum pleasure that the sole motivating/binding factor should be 'love' or at the very least familial obligation. 

I am wading through an endless sea of family christenings and weddings at the moment, and while I generally enjoy family get-togethers, especially those with food and children, I am simply mystified by the cascade of baroque requirements and implacable demands. Because both the missus and I are presently working ridiculously long hours, as well as juggling the kids,  everything we do has to be scheduled weeks if not months on advance - but despite repeated explicit requests for notice for ANYTHING that we might be expected to do (receptions, rehearsals, breakfasts, who the drokk knows), every day seems to bring a new surprise appointment.

Just one of  today's examples being a fitting for trousers for my 9 year old (a ring bearer apparently, and not the eye-haunted hairy-footed kind), which has to happen in front of the bride's family, has to happen at 1200 today (3 hours notice), or mortal offense will be caused (this last imparted from a 3rd party). Doesn't matter that I'm working all day, my wife is trying to do half a dozen radio interviews, my daughter has to be at a birthday party at the opposite side of the city at the same time, we only have the one car, and it is bollocking down rain.  That the boy has previously tried on said trousers and they are fine, and that this is the third of a projected 8 weekends that will be dominated by one family event or preparations for another, is neither here nor there.

It's lovely that we are wanted, and I do value my family very much, but what is it that people enjoy about compelling others to fulfill the minutiae of their 'day'?

von Boom

I found out last evening my sister is getting divorced. Turns out her husband was a real shit to her the last couple of years and has been bad mouthing her to their four kids. He's a jealous prick because she's a dentist and earns most of their money (probably all).

I'm sickened by the whole affair.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Sounds like a toxic relationship fueld by male ego complex if ever I heard one. Tell her to lose some weight by dumping his arse and moving onto pastures new, all the best to her.

von Boom

We was a teacher, but I also found out that he was using her money for day trading and has lost a very large packet.

She's also being bled dry through a joint account and her current solicitor is shit.

staticgirl

I'm glad she's making moves to protect herself and her finances. She doesn't deserve to look forward to a penurious old age.