Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Good work, Hawkie - love to hear about people helping one another.
Also: Atlancasire - heh, love it!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

My Christmas bonus from work will probably be spent on fixing the crown that was pulled from my tooth by a toffee from a box of Quality Streets that someone from work insisted I take home.
:-[
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Legendary Shark

Tell me you work at a dental surgery and I'll cry "conspiracy!" Otherwise, ouch, sorry to hear that, Albie.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 December, 2015, 05:58:46 PM
Tell me you work at a dental surgery and I'll cry "conspiracy!"

I do not.
I didn't even want to take them home as we had so many given to us at work I was kind of sick of them.
Anyway, take them home I did and after a couple of says I thought "I'll have one of those...", and then "What's this hard bit in the toffee?".  :-[

The Legendary Shark

Seriously, sorry to hear that, Albie. I hope you can get it fixed sharpish - I bet there are hundreds of people with the same problem so dentists may be very busy at this time of year. I bet they even have have a special name for it - Christmas Tooth, maybe.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

Thanks Sharky, I too am wondering how busy the dentist will be.
At least I have no pain....yet.

Something Fishy

Dandontdare

My bridge (two front teeth) came out on  Xmas eve, so I'm all gap-toothed on the family Xmas photos this year.

The Legendary Shark

Resisting the urge to quote the obvious, hope that doesn't hurt, DDD. Christmas time seems to be a dental holocaust.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Because I'm going to restart my 2k sub but can't decide between physical and digital.

Most troubling.

sheridan

Quote from: Something Fishy on 05 January, 2016, 01:07:57 PMBecause I'm going to restart my 2k sub but can't decide between physical and digital.

Most troubling.

Welcome back to subbing (not that I currently sub, not directly from the Future Shop, anyway).

Something Fishy

:D cheers Sheridan.  Looking forward to regular reading again.

richerthanyou

I have been paying for a friends gym membership for a year and she is now changing gyms which means cancelling. We cancelled in November, and today I see they are once again taking another $50 from me! I went into the bank last month and they suggested that it was some kind of last fee as per the contract with the gym?? So she said if it happens again let them know. Sure enough, it's happened again. And now they are suggesting I put a claim in with the disputes people or whatever....

long story short, I've had enough and it's easier for me to close my bank account and open a new one elsewhere. It means messing around with getting my insurance, pay for work and other stuff changed, but on the plus side I'll be saving $50 a month.

In conclusion, don't ever EVER join L.A Fitness. Bunch of *****
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Dandontdare

I, Cosh

Why on Earth would you change your bank account rather than just cancelling the direct debit and/or getting your bank to treat it as a fraudulent transaction?
We never really die.