Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 18 January, 2016, 08:55:22 PM
I noticed in Asda that I was having trouble reading the ingredients label on some soup...time for an eye test ,I feel.

been putting that off for over a year now...time to get on with it methinks  :(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

staticgirl

I'm one of those people whose eyesight has got better over 40 as my sight gets longer again. My glasses aren't so strong now.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Grugz on 19 January, 2016, 03:54:12 PM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 18 January, 2016, 08:55:22 PM
I noticed in Asda that I was having trouble reading the ingredients label on some soup...time for an eye test ,I feel.

been putting that off for over a year now...time to get on with it methinks  :(

Yeh, going to have to get my act together and book myself in.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Spikes

Ahh, so there is a few of us.
Yes, I've joined the ranks of people having to take off their glasses to read small print now.

Tjm86

It's just a pain when you have to take your contacts out.  :(

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 January, 2016, 11:39:50 AM
I was the Customer Service Manager for $WELLKNOWNHIGHSTREETOPTICIAN

Ha, that's gas- no doubt I was working for the same entity (naturally a ROI branch). Small world.

Mardroid, Spikes, Grugz & Darren- off ye get to your local optician for a check up.
No point sticking your head in the sand!  ;)

Mardroid

Bus drivers who pull up to bus stop.ahead of you, when you're running late, hang around for a few seconds after the passengers have disembarked, making you think, "That's nice! He saw me runing and decided to wait for me!" then close the doors just as you arive and pull away.

I'm not saying he did the whole hanging around thing intentionally for that reason (his was the second of 2 buses to arive almost  together so he might have waited to synch his own schedule) but he must have seen me waving my hand at the door.

On the plus side, the next bus (11 minutes later) was on time.

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 21 January, 2016, 08:47:57 AM
Bus drivers who pull up to bus stop.ahead of you, when you're running late, hang around for a few seconds after the passengers have disembarked, making you think, "That's nice! He saw me runing and decided to wait for me!" then close the doors just as you arive and pull away.
Bus drivers in general!

TordelBack

Bus driving in the city is is a tough gig, I don't envy 'em. However, my tram line wasn't working the other night (1-2 times a week, absurd), so we were told our tickets would valid on the bus and off I toddled... Alas, no-one had told the bus driver, and he wasn't going to pick up the rsdio and ask, and instead proceeded to argue with a dozen passengers in a row across three successive city centre stops, each time as if it was the first. Or as if we were all part of a giant fare-dodging conspiracy? Okay, see I, he's a stickler, and as a Dredd fan I suppose I should respect that. But when we eventually got to my stop, outside a petrol station on a windy rural road, he got off the bus, ran into the shop and bought himself a coffee.  Pretty sure that's not in the Comportment.

The Legendary Shark

A pcv driver should never leave his vehicle with passengers still aboard, except in an emergency. Basic Rule, that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 January, 2016, 04:23:10 PM
A pcv driver should never leave his vehicle with passengers still aboard, except in an emergency. Basic Rule, that.

That was my understanding too. And this was a double decker bus with numerous passengers parked on the side of a busy unlit rural road at 8pm, just past the entrance to a petrol station. I was a little taken aback.

The Legendary Shark

That really isn't on. It's dangerous - especially if the driver left the engine running. When I drove coaches, I actually saw an unmanned bus left with the engine running slip itself into gear and trundle out of the yard and across a busy main road, where it hit a wall and stalled, blocking the traffic. Luckily, nobody was hurt and there was no damage to anything except the bus and the driver's career.

I don't usually advocate reporting people but in this case I would make an exception. Imagine what could have happened if that bus had lurched off on its own. The first thing I learned about being a psv driver (as it was called in those days) is that your Primary Responsibility is the Safety and Comfort of your passengers. Period. All other priorities are secondary.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

richerthanyou

It's 23 degrees C. 86% humidity. 3kmh winds.

Sounds nice yes? Except it's 1:24 in the morning. I have work in a few hours. And due to not having A/C I haven't slept a wink. Oh and it's 23 outside. You can add a few more on inside. Ive got all the windows and doors open not that there is much point since there is NO BLOODY WIND!

I had an ice cream half an hour ago to try and cool down. I did contemplate sleeping outside but there is nowhere to sleep out there really. And I'm sure the mosquitoes would have a ball.

I'm sure there are some freezing people out there who would love to swap. Be. My. Guest. This sucks.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

staticgirl

nah you're all right. I prefer freezing. *hugs duvet*