Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Went to pick up my order from local comic shop two titles not orderd and another had an issue missing trying to source on eBay bit of a nightmare, not the first time they had done and they tried to overcharge me so much for loyalty to local comic shops

Something Fishy

So I got a new job yesterday but had one more interview today.  I tried to phone yesterday to tell them I wouldn't attend.  After several attempts I emailed instead and politely explained.

So I get an annoyed call this morning asking where I was!  I asked her to check her email and voicemails.  She did.  I still feel bad though but it would have been silly attending when I had no intention of taking it if offered.

morpheas

Quote from: Something Fishy on 04 May, 2016, 09:52:10 AM
I still feel bad though but it would have been silly attending when I had no intention of taking it if offered.

Nah, you called, emailed and explained everything. That is all you can do and it's their problem AND their job to find out.

Enjoy the rest of the day please, you got a new job! (congrats!)

Something Fishy

Thank you   :)

It's true what you say.  They have as much obligation to check their communications as I do to send it. I still feel a bit bad though but it's true.

The Legendary Shark

Fishy, just a few short weeks ago you were worried you might never work again. Do not let anybody make you feel even a bit bad, especially on this Day of days!

Congratulations and well Done!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Banners

Nearly involved in a head-on collision as a car branded with "QSC Safety" graphics (I think) attempted a reckless overtake on a blind bend on the A530 near Nantwich. I slammed on the brakes as he bore down on us and came to a stop just as he aborted, slowed down and pulled back in behind the car on his side. After I caught my breath, checked the boy in the back and drove on a few more seconds, we came upon a 30mph 'Community Speedcheck' zone which he would have just passed through. How ironic.

The Legendary Shark

Jeez, that kind of thing always gets the blood pumping! Glad you're safe, Banners.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Ouch Banners.  So scary.

We nearly had similar two weeks back with a car doing easily double the speed limit racing toward us on a very narrow country road whilst my son was practicing his driving with me.

Somehow it missed us by inches, son says he is sure he'd be dead if it hadn't.

So many idiots out there.

Somehow lilfish held his nerve and passed this week anyway.  I think it would have wrecked mine.

Grugz

coming back from blackpool some numpty just pulled in front of us on the m6 must have missed us by 6 inches!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

A bloke I used to work with at a mini-bus firm, a long, long time ago, was fond of cutting it close like that. His favourite saying was, "another coat of paint and I'd have had that bastard."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Quote from: Grugz on 07 May, 2016, 10:12:00 PM
coming back from blackpool some numpty just pulled in front of us on the m6 must have missed us by 6 inches!

That sounds like my journey's yesterday around Cardiff.  How the hell I made it alive is beyond me!

It's 'mirror, signal, manoeuvre' isn't it?  Not 'manoeuvre, maybe signal, oh sh**!!'

And don't get me started on little old ladies in Honda Civics (or Hyundai's now it seems) ...

... and breeeeeeeaaaaaathe!

sheridan

Quote from: Banners on 06 May, 2016, 08:46:38 PM
Nearly involved in a head-on collision as a car branded with "QSC Safety" graphics (I think) attempted a reckless overtake on a blind bend on the A530 near Nantwich. I slammed on the brakes as he bore down on us and came to a stop just as he aborted, slowed down and pulled back in behind the car on his side. After I caught my breath, checked the boy in the back and drove on a few more seconds, we came upon a 30mph 'Community Speedcheck' zone which he would have just passed through. How ironic.
These guys?

Banners

Maybe, but it all happened so fast I can't be 100% sure, especially as they don't seem to be local. Tempted to phone them tomorrow and ask if they do road safety courses... ;-)

Quote from: The Legendary SharkJeez, that kind of thing always gets the blood pumping! Glad you're safe, Banners.

Thanks for the comment :-) Strangely though, when the moment passed, it was more a serene feeling, like some kind of reverie. Weird.

Quote from: Something FishySomehow it missed us by inches, son says he is sure he'd be dead if it hadn't. So many idiots out there.

Horrid to think what might have been. Guess none of us can claim to always give 100% concentration and always stick to speed limits, but taking stupid deliberate risks is something else.

Dandontdare

cracked rib + hay-fever = no fun at all.

It's been atchoo-AARGH, atchoo-AARGH all afternoon!