Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

You can also demand a refund as it isn't clear what they do..I had the exact same thing happen to me .I kicked off mildly and got my money back.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Cosh on 06 July, 2016, 12:50:17 AM
I think you can still get your money back if you haven't actually used the Prime service after the free month.

Ah didn't know that -  watched Preacher last night   ::)

Quote from: Grugz on 06 July, 2016, 01:48:51 AM
You can also demand a refund as it isn't clear what they do..I had the exact same thing happen to me .I kicked off mildly and got my money back.

I'll probably stick with it - I cancelled my Netflix this month when they put the price up as I'd watched all the series I really wanted it for. I'll just try to watch as much Prime as I can

Hawkmumbler

£79 for a years subscription is nothing to sniff at either. Less than a tenner a month for some cracking entertainment.

Dandontdare

Yeah, I'll certainly get some use out of it - just seemed like a lot when I saw the full year's cost, and I was pissed off that they'd signed me up sneakilly without me really being aware - more expensive than Netflix used to be, cheaper than Netflix is now

Professor Bear

I don't give a shit how nice the range of programming is - a lot of people stuck with Prime contracts don't have that kind of money to throw away, otherwise they might have singed up willingly without having to be conned into doing so. 

Dandontdare

there's a good chance I was very drunk at the time (I usually am when I buy music online :crazy:)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 July, 2016, 11:36:34 AM
there's a good chance I was very drunk at the time (I usually am when I buy music online :crazy:)
Oh thank grud i'm not the only one!!!

Mardroid

I put an old keyboard on eBay recently with starting price of £5.00 not expecting to get much for it.

By the end of the auction it was over £60!

The guy paid quickly. I delivered.... then I get a message that it is faulty.

Okay. My fault. I hadn't played it for years and just tested it out by playing it. It seemed to work fine, but it turns out it was the style section (which I didn't test) that was faulty.

Fair dos. "Return it and I'll give you a full refund,"I say. "If you want to keep it i'll give you 50% refund".

He went for the 50% option. That's fine. Still more than I thought I'd get for it.

Unfortunately I can't give the refund straight away as a bill came up shortly after the purchase, but before the fault was reported. But I told him I'd process refund at the end of the month with a bit extra for the inconvenience.

'I paid" he says today. "End of month is too long." (I was a bit puzzled at that because he would still be out of the money if the keyboard has been okay right? But I understand he might be worried I'm gonna pull a fast one.) "If you give me address will you pay the postage since the keyboard was faulty?"  So he wants a full refund after all. Even despite me stating I couldn't even pay a partial refund until end of month.

Truth is, I don't want it back. I'm moving soon, and apart from generating money I wanted to clear out the old stuff. So I explain why I  can't do refund until end of month. And that I will give him a full refund, but it will have to be at the end of the month, when I'm paid. In other words he will have a free working, but slightly faulty keyboard at the end of the month.

So what seemed a great result turns out pretty poor for me, but hey, ho. My fault.

I get another message not too long ago. Something about he understood, but end of month was too long to open dispute because other people had made same promises to him.

I don't know anything about ebay dispute policy. I do know that I am honest and I WILL pay him at the end of the month. I'm even willing to refund his postage costs.  But he doesn't know me. And I do understand where he's coming from. He's not the bad guy here. I took a stupid chance in not checking the keyboard thoroughly before auctioning it. But I can't pay yet.

Thinking I could ask him for his email address and send him the refund via credit card on PayPal. But that will cost me even more. I don't see why I should do that if I can do it all direct and painless at the end of the month.

But what if he opens a dispute?

Again, he's not the bad guy. Neither am I. I'm just broke. And a divvy for not being more careful. But he doesn't know that.

Argh!

Mardroid

On the plus side, I only just remembered, it's Prog-download-day today!

Don't mind my long winded grumpy post above. Its just my recent experience reminded me of that old saying "if things seem too good, they probably are." Often true, alas, but my issues are small potatoes* compared to what a lot of people are going through. And this is just  one of a couple of things to irritate me today, but it's not turning out to badly at the end...

Mattofthespurs

Despite this summer being utterly shite so far I managed to get a sunburned face yesterday by sitting in the garden talking bollocks with a mate for 4 hours yesterday.
The day before I put on sunscreen and got rained on.

sheridan

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 July, 2016, 04:15:49 PM
Despite this summer being utterly shite so far I managed to get a sunburned face yesterday by sitting in the garden talking bollocks with a mate for 4 hours yesterday.
I'm hoping to go for a picnic with loads of friends on Saturday - use some sunscreen on Friday, eh?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: sheridan on 07 July, 2016, 05:15:49 PM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 July, 2016, 04:15:49 PM
I'm hoping to go for a picnic with loads of friends on Saturday - use some sunscreen on Friday, eh?

Sounds like a plan.  :)

Theblazeuk

Our newest and littlest pet took ill and died in the course of about 24 hours. Poor little Walter. Saw him take his last breath just 1/2 an hour before I would have been able to give him his second dose of antibiotics.

We'd just gone away to the US for medical trips and only just got him back. Only had him for 5 and a half months. Got along great with our guinea pigs too, leading to my favourite pictures:

It's stupid I know, he was going to die at some point in the next couple of years and it would have gone like this. But he brought such happiness to my wife and he was such a good little guy.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Speaking as someone who recently lost a Guinea Pig, I know how sad this must be Blaze. Small rodents are such good pets.