Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

You may be able to get it replaced without too much bother. I'm not an expert or anything but in my last few rentals the landlord's handymen had to replace the seals and managed to track them down and I watched em whip em out and replace. Just got to find those obscure little shops filled with all the things.

Grugz

even if its a part fallen off causing the damage?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

futureimperfect

I've buggered my right arm. Luckily I'm left handed but any two handed activity (playing guitar, computer games, conducting an orchestra) is right out. I think I must have pulled something playing tennis. That will teach me for trying to get fit.

Still I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this tomorrow. Like on the bus.

"Excuse me, do ya mind if I sit there"
"Why?"
"Got an injury. These seats are for disabled people. That's me today"

Woolly

Quote from: Grugz on 31 July, 2016, 08:32:31 PM
theres a dirty great hole in the rubber seal of the lg washer dryer,itsstill under warranty but lg are claiming it has nowt to do with them as its wear and tear cos a bit must have come loose and caused the damage!!!

I have scribbled a reply ..it was civil,the next wont be...

Used to work for Dixons booking in white goods repairs - have LG sent an engineer to look at the washer yet? If they're saying it's wear and tear they should be able to prove it. If not, it needs replacing by them.

Also, did you take out extended warranty? If so, you should find it covers you for more things than a Manufacturer's Warranty does and you can speak to them about a booking, if LG just wont help.

Finally, if none of the above works, get a 3rd party to take a look at it (make sure its an actual company who does this, not some bloke cash-in-hand). If they find it is definately a manufacturing issue they can write you an official letter confirming this, and LG would then have to carry out the repair. (assuming it is a manufacturing issue - I'm no engineer!)

Grugz

just had the snottiest bloke ever accusing me of "misusing" it and if theres a hole and I send them a pic it always gets put down to misuse. I have asked for a senior rep to call me back...where i'll probably get fobbed off more.

LG have a shit customer care service.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Banners

'We don't like the latest CD cover concepts that our major international record label has done for us. We stopped using you when we got signed (and after you designed the covers for all our early releases that brought us to prominence), but could you do four new concepts they can use. Before 10am. As a favour. For free.'

~Ahem~

Grugz

washer fixed! even though the bloke nearly had a stroke getting the seal out.

Fungus

Quote from: Grugz on 17 August, 2016, 10:19:35 AM
washer fixed! even though the bloke nearly had a stroke getting the seal out.

Got to be animal cruelty.

Old One Eye

I put a wash on this morning while getting ready for work.  After switching it on I noticed I'd dropped a pair of pants on they way to the machine.  The annoying thing is they're the only thing I have for a dark wash.  It's somewhat irksome...  :(
It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!

The Legendary Shark

I'm sitting outside a launderette right now, enjoying the sunshine and a cup of lovely strong black tea from the caff next door, watching the world go by and passing the time of day with strangers. The minor impediment of not having my own washing machine any more feels like no impediment, minor or otherwise, today. Life is grand!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Ahh, yes... When I lived in the back of a garage and didn't have a washing machine, I did quite enjoy going to the launderette. Cleansing for your soul, as well as your smalls...(!)

Trent

I love launderettes. My wife still teases me about how amusing I apparently was trying to work out how to roll up her tights after they had been dried. I always find launderettes relaxing and often interesting places to hang out for a bit while your clothes dry.

Old One Eye

God, I haven't been to a launderette in about 20 years.  There's one just up the road from me.  It actually does look like a quite a cool wee place.  It's got coffee shop with some nice pictures on the wall and everything.  My last launderette had the vibe of a crack house!
It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!

The Legendary Shark

This one has a caff on one side and a beauty salon on the other - builders' butts to my right and sunny-weather cleavages to my left. All levels of humanity existing cheek to cheek, as it were.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

I just enjoy how quickly you can dry your clothes in those big drums, saving me the most irritating bit of laundry - hanging up the clothes to dry.