Main Menu

2000AD Time Twisters! The 8th 2000AD Short Story Comp.

Started by locustsofdeath!, 24 February, 2010, 05:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Alski

Quote from: VinceBot on 08 March, 2010, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 07 March, 2010, 10:24:19 PM
words

This has to be one of the most deliciously vile introspective ironic pieces I've read for a while. It left me feeling dirty.

As for the offence it evidently carries, am I not "getting" something?

The only offence is to literature, and possibly humanity in general.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

VinceBot

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

VinceBot

You tell me, you wrote it. It's like the piccaso of stories.

Roger Godpleton

Who actually moderated it? It's about the creative process from a somewhat solipstic standpoint.

Alski

Jared Katooie

VinceBot

There were a few reports so I added the spoiler tags, but I didn't feel it was rule breaking in any way so no reason to delete it.

I think spoiler tags is as far as I go with censorship. Some people are a bit delicate, is all.

Personally, I enjoyed it.

The Legendary Shark

Concerning Lavender Lightning. (521W)

Dear René,

With my husband away, I have nobody with whom to discourse upon the events of this night and so I set down this tale of true and marvellous events as much for my own peace of mind as for your enlightenment.

My mind was spinning with the ghost stories we had been telling a few days previously and I had determined to pen some supernatural tale myself. What that story was to be, I had no notion. The rest of my companions left the villa overlooking Lake Léman for the Alps and I remained behind to construct my story. Yet as I pursued ideas fantastical and supernatural, the farther they fled from my pen tip.

Yet as I gazed out across the night-darkened Lake, a strange cloud descended over the stars and turned the moon to ink. Lightning of a kind I have not previously experienced, lavender in hue and silent, played and rove the sky and danced upon the face of the death-black waters. And from this lightning, whether this can be believed as real or dismissed as a mere writer's waking dream, a creature emerged on the jetty of the villa.

Fearful and yet entranced, I recovered one of my husband's duelling pistols and, not knowing or mindful whether it be loaded or no, crept from the villa and onto the jetty where the horrid thing squat. It looked at me, René, with eyes not of this world. Its teeth were too many, its mouth too wide, its form more akin to an ape than a man – and it snarled and howled and drooled as though it were a wolf and I a suckling lamb. I found, then, that the pistol was not loaded and its paltry click was, in my jellied mind, perceived to be the last sound my mortal ears should ever convey to my brain.

At the very instant of my last moment on Earth, the lavender lightning flashed and roiled once more and spewed forth a man. A man, I call him, for surely man he was – but of no species I know. Huge, he was, and misshaped; yet handsome in a Hellish way. He carried in his fist a musket the like of which I have never seen and from this ugly weapon erupted such a blast as to reduce my attacker to mist.

"What was that thing?" I asked this new marvel, who had no interest in me.

Looking at me, as if for the first time, he replied, "A cruel experiment in energy and time. Dead now. Pay it no heed."

This said, he activated some small device about his person and the lightning returned to engulf him and the horrid corpse of my attacker. I called out to him for his name and, as his physicality shimmered and rippled into nothingness, one word echoed over the waters of the lake.

"Kano," he said.

It is hours later, now, and I finally have my story. Percy, I believe, will be enamoured with my work as inspired by my Promethean saviour.

Your friend,

Mary Shelley,
Geneva,
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Alski

Kerrin

Roger Godpleton

Alski