Main Menu

Progs 1408-1410

Started by SilvaShado, 29 October, 2004, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilvaShado

This thread is for all, er, uh, the few of us who just got these three progs yesterday or will get them soon.

I haven't gotten mine yet because I got a flat tire on the way home and by the time it was all fixed and I was on my way again, the store had already closed.  Hopefully today.

But I'm looking forward to Asylum since I finally got a chance to read the first run.  Hopefully this second story will make more sense now.  (I also thoroughly enjoyed the Red Seas in the same progs as the first Asylum, 1313-1321.)

Also, Caballistics Inc ends in 1408 and Judge Dredd: Total War starts up.  Robo-Hunter and Strontium Dog continue and in 1409, we get another Past Imperfect. I just read quite a few of those in progs 1313-1321 and I'm looking forward to another one.  1410 gives us another Future Shock, of which I haven't been very thrilled by so far.  Just not my thing.

So please post your comments, whether you're reading them for the first time or have already read them.  I'll be back with my thoughts on them once I actually get them and read them.

Mike Carroll

Just wondering: who on this board is from - or currently living in - Ireland?

Apart from me, that is.

-- Mike

shane05

I've only read a little bit, but I didn't want this thread to drift off. I am enjoying Flint version of Dredd, I like how he brings the Judges gloves up to meet the elbow pads. It's a little thing, but I think it looks cool.

SilvaShado

I've only been able to read Judge Dredd in 1408 and so far, I'm digging it.  I'll have more to say once I read more on it, but I think I'll like it.

SilvaShado

All right!  I finally finished all three issues.

I am enjoying Total War.  Hmmm... Can't say much beyond that.

I really like Samantha Slade.  This is the first story that I've ever read of her and I'm really enjoying it.  I feel so sorry for her, getting mixed up with her grandfather.  I also really like her narration and saying what the C stands for.  I also really like the art, it's cartoonish, simple with very bright colors - quite a lot of fun.

I am following Asylum much better now that I've read the first one, but I'm not really liking or disliking it.  It's all right, but not really my kind of story.

Still highly enjoying Strontium Dog.  Gotta love Wulf.  I feel so sorry for Johnny Alpha.  He's had such a terirble childhood and his adult life ain't getting any easier.

I'm surprised, but I enjoyed both the Past Imperfect and the Future Shock.  While I knew that I was probably going to like the Past Imperfect, I haven't liked any of the Future Shocks so far.  But this one was good.

I'm just upset that I didn't get a free Magic card.  I guess only subscribers got them or maybe it just didn't get sent to the U.S.  But I was curious as to what it was.  I play Magic off and on and I haven't seen much of this new set.

Anyway, looking forward to more, hopefully in a couple of weeks.  As much fun as it is to read 3 issues at a time, it's hard on the pocketbook.  I left the rest of my comics in my saver so I could get all three of these.  But it goes to show that 2000 AD is the best that's out there!

Oddboy

Don't think anyone - subscribers or shop-buyers - got the Magic cards. Tharg must've kept the lot.

And if you liked Samantha Slade - then you must get the "Robo-Hunter: Verdus" GN when it comes out (in January, I believe). It's well before Samantha's time, when her Grandaddy was in his prime.
Better set your phaser to stun.

SilvaShado

No one got the card?  Wow, someone slipped up in advertising.  Or they're having a blast with all the cards.

I'm going to try to get all the Robo-Hunter trades as they come out.  As long as the humor is still there, I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless of Samantha being there or not.  I think it's just that I can connect with her better since she's female.

shane05

'I think it's just that I can connect with her better since she's female.'

yeah, but what about the art? It seems juvenille to me. (where in US are you?)

Dudley

Shhh!  Don't mention the c*rds... I reckon Tharg kept em all in a big warehouse.

Oddboy

I reckon Tharg kept em all in a big warehouse.

What? As bookmarks for the warehoused Zenith Phase I books?
Better set your phaser to stun.

SilvaShado

I liked the art.  I can see where you think it juvenille, but I liked that.  It goes along with the comedy of the story.

I'm in California near Sacramento.  You?

shane05

'I'm in California near Sacramento. You?'

AZ, my immediate family is in Irvine. I'm going there tomorrow, not for fun, but going regardless.