Main Menu

Progs 1411 & 1412

Started by SilvaShado, 21 November, 2004, 01:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilvaShado

Any Americans and others get these this past week?  I finally got these on Thursday, read them last night.

Judge Dredd: Total War is losing me, I think.  I'm not sure what the point is and I'm not connecting very much to the characters.  I kinda wish it was more about Vienna having to make the decision about whether to end the freak's life or not.  That was more interesting to me than the whole terrorist thing.

I liked the end of Robo-Hunter, but I wish it was continuing.  I like Samantha Slade and I want to see more of her.  I liked the humor.  It balances out the progs.

Lobster Random annoys me like Sinister Dexter.  Some things I like, but some things just rub me the wrong way.

Asylum 2 and Strontium Dog continue to be good.  Not great, but they're keeping my interest.

Not sure about Faces.  With only 1 episode, it's hard to say whether I like it or not.  So far, I'm not that impressed.

Though I was impressed by the pin-up in the letters page in 1412.  Where can I get me a poster of that?   ;-D

And there should be two more progs this upcoming Wednesday.  I hope my comic store gets them in on time.  I rather like reading large quantities of 2000 AD at a time.

SilvaShado

I just wanted to share one of my favorite web comics with everyone here.  Let me know what y'all think.  And, of course, answer the question - are you a nice guy?

Link: http://www.theniceguycomic.com" target="_blank">The Nice Guy

paulvonscott

Yeah, Total War isn't really about the characters as such, more the story of how they track down and stop Total War.  The Vienna/Nimrod storyline has a much more human element to it, and it maybe hasn't been in as much I would have liked.  Hence why I would have liked total war much longer, but there's a lot of stuff packed in there I guess.

"Though I was impressed by the pin-up in the letters page in 1412. Where can I get me a poster of that? ;-D"

Noooo...

Nice to see Robohunter has another fan, I like it a lot.

ARRISARRIS

...think its fair to say now that Nimrod wont be having much to do with the end of Total War, and is more likly a character for the future, i love Wagner for doing this, make a change from most comic stories which introduced a character for that story and that story only and they always have to have a pay  of at the end, real life is never as neat as that...

Devons Daddy

yes im begining to think this may be a red herring to the total war plot line.

but a brillant sleeper for later developments.
always good to see vienna in the mix. adds gritty realism to dredds character without crying baby story lines.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

I dunno - there'll be more of Nimrod before the story's over, I'll bet.
Better set your phaser to stun.