Main Menu

Prog 1750: Stay On The Right Side of the Law

Started by SmallBlueThing, 07 September, 2011, 08:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Is that the advertised future shocks cover? I fucking adored that cover. I can't see the problem with it. Tharg looks the best I've seen him. A black and white strip in this style is yearned for. Maybe a future shock?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

PreacherCain

I really like that cover. Definitely jumps out at you and grabs your attention, like a good cover should! Agree with the above poster, would love to see a Xmas Tharg Tale or something. Prog 2012!?

Kerrin

Awesome prog. The Greg Staples wraparound cover works brilliantly.

Unbridled delight at opening the first page and finding Flinty on Dredd and the story is shaping up very nicely too.

Amply Crouton trundles along in a pleasing manner with some decent large scale artwork from the Davis unit.

Indigo Prime, lookin' good with some classic John Smith random noun generation. I kid, really interested to see how this shapes up.

Lowlife, ahh Lowlife. Missed ya Frank. Top notch opening episode.

Overall, triffic.

Hoagy

Thing is, with Low Life, who are the council of 5 Dirty Frank is answering to?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

BPP

Best prog in about 2 years and there was nothing wrong with the previous 103 that includes.

Every art-droid is top dollar.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

James Stacey

Quote from: Futurefuzz on 11 September, 2011, 09:06:37 PM
I just took it to be a disciplinary panel. I doubt the Council of Five have enough time to sit in on every one. ?

Spaceghost

So, prog 1750. I had been worried that this new 'jump on' prog would have trouble standing up to the stunning run of stories that ended last week. It just about manages to hold it's own.

The cover is nice but I prefer a more muted green for Dredd's gloves, boots etc. If it's too bright (like this), he looks too much like he's wearing washing up gloves and wellies.

Henry Flint on Dredd is my personal hog heaven, so that's me happy. The story looks like it's going to be epic but I ccan't help but feel that the Sovs are a bit played out as foes for Dredd. I will, however, keep faith.

Ampney Crucis is not a favourite of mine. As I've said, I really dislike Simon Davis' art. I just think it's really ill suited to the medium of comics. I find it distracting, confusing and completely static. The story and lead character, too, are derivative and uninteresting to the point where I can't really summon any desire to find out what's going to happen.

I usually love Ian Edgington's stuff but Crucis leaves me cold.

I am partial to a bit of Low Life and this opening episode didn't dissappoint. Dirty Frank is one of my all time favourite 2000 AD characters and I hope he'll be around for a long time. The lovely art by one of my favourite artists, D'Israeli, didn't hurt either.

I've never read any Indigo Prime apart from the Dead Eyes story which turned out to sort of be an Indigo Prime story. I didn't like Dead Eyes but I usually love John Smith's stuff. So far I'm following this new story so we'll see how things go. Edmund Bagwell's art is stunning.

That Star Scan is a bit wierd. Dredd's pose looks comically daft and if I'm not mistaken, Mark Harrison has used the most recent (and not very good) Judge Dredd figure as a model for his art.

Really, if you've got the figure at home, compare it to the Star Scan, it's identical. You can even duplicate the 'arse out' pose with it.

Al in all, I miss Zombo and Savage but I'm prepared to let things grow on me.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Hoagy

Quote from: James Stacey on 12 September, 2011, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: Futurefuzz on 11 September, 2011, 09:06:37 PM
I just took it to be a disciplinary panel. I doubt the Council of Five have enough time to sit in on every one. ?

Yeah, looking again that makes sense. It's a nice thought as well, that they may co-ordinate throughout the JD with micro-councils of 5 each time.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Cactus

Quote from: Futurefuzz on 12 September, 2011, 11:21:31 AMIt's a nice thought as well, that they may co-ordinate throughout the JD with micro-councils of 5 each time.

That would be a Council of 5x10-6
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Grant Perkins

Quote from: Futurefuzz on 11 September, 2011, 07:35:04 PM
Is that the advertised future shocks cover? I fucking adored that cover. I can't see the problem with it. Tharg looks the best I've seen him. A black and white strip in this style is yearned for. Maybe a future shock?

I'd be up for it. You never know whats coming.

Judge Olde

Certainly the best prog in a very long time. Amazed anyone can find fault with the cover, okay, other than the holster & ..  :lol:

W. R. Logan

Had a quick look whilst in WH Smiths and now the Flint Droid is on Dredd it looks like artwork to accompany an epic Dredd tale which from my quick flicks over previous weeks it hadn't had.

Grant Perkins

Quote from: radiator on 07 September, 2011, 10:47:09 AM
Quotethe cover is seven kinds of shit on sixteen shovels

Well I think the cover is great! Is it Rian Hughes?

Its funny you mention that as I met Rian for the first time this weekend at Ealing con.