Main Menu

Prog 1371 - Rumble In The Ruins

Started by Smiley, 27 December, 2003, 11:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Quirkafleeg

Leigh S

I take it from the silence that it's still not turned up... AIEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Anyone....?

Mangamax

Leigh S

don't think so - 3 weeks after prog 2004 - That  was released on the 17th Dec, so its 24th and 31st with no prog, then the 7th with Prog I thought... surely not ANOTHER week??  

Oddboy

Someone check the calendar free with the last Meg - that had the 2K & Meg release dates circled.
Better set your phaser to stun.

ukdane

The poster/calendar says 7th Jan for tooth, 14th for tooth and Meg.

So it looks like this weeks is running late (for subbers) as it normally arrives the monday prior to the release date.
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

I'm actually coping okay, having read both Prog 2004 AND Prog 2000 over this Christmas.

Oddboy, glowing with Thrill-Power
Better set your phaser to stun.

Leigh S

ukdane

Daney got his this AM.

Congrats to the ODDone.

Dredd: Cool. Some Nice dialogue there (potential classics) Although I like Critchlow's line style, I kept thinging Lobster Random might turn up at any minute. Hope he stays on Lobster duty- make the character his.

Droid Life: well, it fills the gap.

Nerve Centre: Slight style change- for the better- it's more legible now. (Note return of Tyranny Rex amongst others, which won't please some people on the Kill List thread)

Red Seas: Enjoying this. Now excuse my poor litterary references, but is there a lot of referencing to Gulliver's Travels here?

VCs: Didn't think much of the dialogue in this at first, but by the end I actually found it quite good.

Slaine: Quite funny. And as much as I like Garlic, I can't eat it, as it makes me violently ill. Last frame: How p0rn0? Isn't that metal thing cold?

Sam Slade: Yummy Yummy! Definately Sam's voice in the captions last issue (and this). More Gibson nudity. And there's that image from the Ecards too.

Overall: Not a classic-classic, but probably worth 7 or 8 out of 10.
Cheers

-Daney

Mangamax

Yep, luvverly art from Carl Critchlow. Weren't just Random i kept expecting to pop up but also that Judge Werewolf fella.

Proudhuff

Mines has arrived at ChezProudhuff...
report tomorrow

huffy B
DDT did a job on me

paulvonscott

It's not in the shops :l...

I guess it's just late then, wot with new year and all.  

So, today Subs, friday Shops for most people?

Pyroxian

>It's not in the shops :l...

Bought mine in the newsagents at Oxford Bus Station this morning, so it's in some shops.

And it's a good issue too. Not sure about Droid Life, but we'll see where it goes - it always takes a while to get into humour strips.

Steve

Leigh S

Droid Life is a good idea, but I'm not getting that Nerve Centre vibe - who are these robots? Where's Tharg? Where's Mek-Quake? Or Cyber-Matt? OK, OK, so it's the first one, but I have a suspicious feeling that if you cut out pictures of Nemi from the Metro and replace the word Tharg, you might not notice anything amiss if this was in the Metro tomorrow morning - That said, anything that helps stretch the editorial input has gotta be good, so I have hopes this might find it's feet