Main Menu

ChickenStu here....

Started by ChickenStu, 25 January, 2013, 03:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickenStu

Hey guys

I'm ChickenStu, I'm almost 35 and throughout my youth I was a casual reader of 2000AD and have always been a big fan of old stoney face! It was difficult at times though, cause my parents dissaproved of comic books and often wouldn't let me get it (the rotters...)

About five years ago I had a subscription to the mag and the megazine, but sadly it all fell by the wayside when I moved house. Although recently, I found all the old ones I'd been sent (most were still in envelopes, lol) and put them in a box. I've still a few more to find from that subscription.

Anyway, since the excellent Dredd movie (I even hated the Stallone one when I was a kid!) I've got my interest back in a big way, and last week I started buying the title again. I bought the latest prog today - really enjoyed the story about the kid in the bubble.

I bought the radio show cassettes of The Day The Law Died and dug out the old PS2 game Dredd Vs Death aswell. For my birthday next month, I'm gonna ask for the first few Complete Case Files TPB collections of Judge Dredd and am going to collect them. Think I'm gonna pick up the graphic novel of Origins too!

So yeah, big fan. Just a shame my kids are a bit too young for it - I'd love to share this stuff with them!

Any advice on where to go by more seasoned Judge Dredd fans would be appreciated!

Nice to meet you all!  :)
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Proudhuff

welcome sir! you've came back to the fold at a great time, for us not MC1...

DDT did a job on me

ChickenStu

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 January, 2013, 03:12:51 PM
welcome sir! you've came back to the fold at a great time, for us not MC1...

Thanks for the warm welcome Proudhuff!

So, bad shit going down in Mega City One, yeah?

Proudhuff

Day of Chaos just passed. Citz down from 800 to 50 million or there abouts, city in ruins, Justice Dept running on empty Dredd having a bit of a wobble, but some of the best stories EVER happening, so yeah good time to return
DDT did a job on me

Spikes

How do, ChickenStu and welcome to the forum!

Emp

Welcome aboard...the stories atm are to say the least interesting and can only get more so...

ChickenStu

Quote from: Emp on 26 January, 2013, 10:23:24 PM
Welcome aboard...the stories atm are to say the least interesting and can only get more so...

So I've heard... looking forward to reading Closet on wednesday!

ChickenStu

So, when will I be able to post elsewhere? What's the time limit on this? I really wanna talk about the movies...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: ChickenStu on 30 January, 2013, 03:41:04 PM
So, when will I be able to post elsewhere? What's the time limit on this? I really wanna talk about the movies...
Later this evening, if I remember..!

IndigoPrime

Richmond Clements

ChickenStu

Thanks guys. I've posted links to articles I did on the movie on my own site. Hope you don't mind.