Main Menu

Superman: Secret Origin

Started by ChickenStu, 30 May, 2013, 03:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickenStu

Honestly guys, this is the greatest version of Superman's origin I've read yet! I sure hope the Man Of Steel movie takes some cues from this... cause this shit makes me excited about comic books again! This book really has it all! And it SHITS on Birthright (which I never really liked, although I do have a nice hardback of it).

The script is amazing, it covers everything - and the artwork will make you swoon! This doesn't quite match Superman For All Season (what does?) but still... this is truly special. I cannot recommend it enough. I just think I found a new favourite comic!  :)
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Dandontdare

Just wiki'd it and the plot sounds an awful lot like Smallville - I hated the way they made Lex luthor a childhood friend of CK, he just doesn't fit as a resident of Smallville Kansas

Professor Bear

I loved the bit where Superman is in the sewers being chased by a SWAT team, and he takes them down one by one from the shadows - I was thinking "finally a writer who gets what Superman is about."

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 May, 2013, 06:08:55 PM
Just wiki'd it and the plot sounds an awful lot like Smallville - I hated the way they made Lex luthor a childhood friend of CK, he just doesn't fit as a resident of Smallville Kansas.

To be fair, this was actually Lex Luthor's original origin from the Golden Age/pre-Crisis Superman comics.

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 31 May, 2013, 01:08:02 AM
To be fair, this was actually Lex Luthor's original origin from the Golden Age/pre-Crisis Superman comics.

Indeed.  I call it 'the Tatooine syndrome'.

ChickenStu

I loved the bit where Superman is in the sewers being chased by a SWAT team, and he takes them down one by one from the shadows - I was thinking "finally a writer who gets what Superman is about."

Oh yeah man, that shit was awesome!
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Professor Bear

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 May, 2013, 06:08:55 PM
Just wiki'd it and the plot sounds an awful lot like Smallville - I hated the way they made Lex luthor a childhood friend of CK, he just doesn't fit as a resident of Smallville Kansas.

Is it? Well, you live and learn!