Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

ok so i am a dumbass and signed in to my account and 2311 is right there in my downloads i feel really silly now

IndigoPrime

It's odd that some publications are being affected more than others. Mini-IP just got her Beano and Phoenix. Wired just arrived. 2000 AD... still no. Bah. (I had a BIG pile of mail today, but no Progs. Mostly bills.)

Leigh S

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 December, 2022, 12:26:31 PM
It's odd that some publications are being affected more than others. Mini-IP just got her Beano and Phoenix. Wired just arrived. 2000 AD... still no. Bah. (I had a BIG pile of mail today, but no Progs. Mostly bills.)

Its a lovely gesture to offer the digi solution, so dont want to come across as an arse here, but I do think the strike is highlighting a problem with 2000ADs subs post that predates the Action ("Power to the People!")

I've had things slowed by the strikes for sure, and had a 10 day run without any post.  But I;
've had stuff sent and received with only a few days dealy at most, while prog 2310 is now 2 weeks late?

I do think theres some Zragian sorting office close to where the progs originate that has been slowing things for months of not years already, and I'd be interested if there is anything Tharg could look into once the dust settles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 10 December, 2022, 06:27:04 PM
I've had things slowed by the strikes for sure, and had a 10 day run without any post.  But I;
've had stuff sent and received with only a few days dealy at most, while prog 2310 is now 2 weeks late?

I don't think this is rocket science. I would imagine bulk mailings by contract are handled differently, and likely at different sorting offices/distribution centres, to normal mail.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

I suspect different deals might be what's going on. But, yes, perhaps there is something that could be looked at. Again, Mini-IP is up to date on everything. As am I, with the sole exception of 2000 AD.

Leigh S

Yeah it's certain that the prog isnt just popped into the nearest post box, and it looks like whatever contract there is with RM for the prog has been put to the back of the queue - that said, I think that may well speak to the fact it wasnt getting prioritised very highly before the strikes. 

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 December, 2022, 06:58:01 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 10 December, 2022, 06:27:04 PM

I don't think this is rocket science. I would imagine bulk mailings by contract are handled differently, and likely at different sorting offices/distribution centres, to normal mail.

XRayLexx

Hoping the backlog clears soon, not had an issue for a few weeks, 2000AD or the Megazine.

IndigoPrime

Mini-IP's Christmas Beano arrived today, so she's 50% sorted. (I'm not sure when the last Phoenix is pre-shutdown. Oddly, we got that today, despite the strikes. I wish I'd bought 2000 AD in a shop. Helpfully, my LCS doesn't ever answer emails nor Facebook messages, although I might just drop by over the weekend and hope for the best regarding back issues.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: XRayLexx on 14 December, 2022, 01:54:11 PM
Hoping the backlog clears soon, not had an issue for a few weeks, 2000AD or the Megazine.

After e-mailing the subs office, their response is basically that if we don't receive anything by Friday, then you should contact them henceforth in order to for any and all replacements to be sent in the post and in your hands by Christmas weekend(-ish).
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

IndigoPrime

I imagine it'd be the following week. Last post for second class has already gone. Last post for first class is tomorrow. Or maybe Rebellion will send it via some other means. I dunno. This is a shit situation for them, obviously.

moly

Haven't received a prog for three weeks now intact hardly received any post  from Royal Mail but have received about 6 parcels from them in that time so looks like they are just concentrating on parcels and leaving letter post on the sorting floor

Leigh S

Given I'm not aware of a single subscriber who has had prog 2310 let alone 2311 (make yourself known if so!), I;d have thought it would be mildly ruinous for Tharg to have to replace every subs

I've bought both 2310 and 2311 on the last day they were in the shops so as not to add to Tharg's woes if this continues to drag on

How long is the Xmas prog on the shelves for - is it the full 3 weeks?

broodblik

Quote from: Leigh S on 15 December, 2022, 12:03:43 AM
How long is the Xmas prog on the shelves for - is it the full 3 weeks?

Yes, it was mentioned in the nerve centre of prog 2312
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: moly on 14 December, 2022, 08:37:12 PMjust concentrating on parcels and leaving letter post on the sorting floor
Well, again, Mini-IP is up to date with Beanos. She's owed one Phoenix. I have my latest Wired. So it does feel like Rebellion has been particularly hard hit, for whatever reason.

Colin YNWA

Yeah Phoenix keep rockin' up at YNWA mansions - though its so random I've kinda lost track of where we are up to...

...still no 2000ad. Royal Mail is an absolute joke!