Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Osborne was at my workplace today. I noticed he didn't stick to the walkways in the warehouse ::)

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 06:53:29 PM
Osborne was at my workplace today. I noticed he didn't stick to the walkways in the warehouse ::)

I don't get it...?

COMMANDO FORCES

Due to forklifts and heavy machinery in use between the stacks there are designated walkways for health and safety. If you get hit while walking inside those areas you can claim. If you are wandering outside those areas and get hit, forget it!

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 06:53:29 PM

Hi-vis vest, builder's mug, works canteen - I don't think I've ever seen anyone look more obviously out of their natural environment ... except maybe when the lawyer Tony Blair or the TV executive David Cameron throw a flak jacket on over their Paul Smith suit for a flying visit to Afghanistan.

COMMANDO FORCES

Last week they started painting the areas that he would visit and last night they cordoned off certain car spaces in the car park for him and his clan. This pissed me off the most, as they cordoned off quite a few disabled bays, the lazy twat!

Professor Bear

The Condems took something from the disabled just to make things easier for themselves and their mates?  I find that very hard to believe.

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 07:29:48 PM
Last week they started painting the areas that he would visit and last night they cordoned off certain car spaces in the car park for him and his clan. This pissed me off the most, as they cordoned off quite a few disabled bays, the lazy twat!

How many spaces - twenny-free? You don' wanna nark a tasty geezer like Osbourne, CF - he's Bridain's 'ardest man:

STRIKE A LIGHT!

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 07:29:48 PM
Last week they started painting the areas that he would visit and last night they cordoned off certain car spaces in the car park for him and his clan.

As part of my day job, i regulary have to help out and 'smarten the place up' a bit. Last time was for Kate Middleton's flying visit. 

Can i smell wet paint? Yes, so i must be in the right place then,  ;)

Dandontdare

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 April, 2013, 06:15:56 PM
Emergency rulers imposed in U.S. cities - democracy can no longer be trusted, apparently.  Nice move, Chief Judge Snyder

http://www.thenation.com/blog/173510/austeritys-cruelest-cut-democracy-denied-detroit#
well we all know where that's heading...

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 07:20:41 PM
Due to forklifts and heavy machinery in use between the stacks there are designated walkways for health and safety. If you get hit while walking inside those areas you can claim. If you are wandering outside those areas and get hit, forget it!

I would've paid you good money to run him down with a fork lift. Ah c'mon, whatever your politics, you've got to admit that's a truly punchable face.

COMMANDO FORCES

If I'd have been in I would've confronted him on numerous things and wouldn't have cared about the bosses panicking as I made my way to him. He came to us, not the other way round so I would've not been worried about any repercussions on my behalf.

I'm all over the shop when it comes to my politics, left, right and centre, as you may know. I do believe that the weakest in our society should be cared for above everything else, as that shows what we have truly evolved!
All this 'keep our mates okay' pisses me off to no end and let's be half hearted in everything we do, unless it's for our mates again drives me mad.

High Fucking Speed Link bollocks, what a load of old SHIT! New toll road in Wales, wank! Lack of future runway capability, unbelievable. It just goes on in transport.

As for the NHS. Everyone except the people in power seem to understand where the money should be spent and it ain't on fucking MORE managers!

Housing. Build more and if all this climate change is ALL our fault then why are all new builds not forced by law to have triple glazing, solar panels, insulation, etc...

Schools. Not long ago in the southeast they closed loads of primary schools, even though we knew a fucking baby boom was coming.

Water, why did London close 25 reservoirs to sell off over the last few years.

It goes on with half hearted schemes and nothing ever really gets done!!!!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 09:06:07 PM
If I'd have been in I would've confronted him on numerous things and wouldn't have cared about the bosses panicking as I made my way to him. He came to us, not the other way round so I would've not been worried about any repercussions on my behalf.

Great promotion for the comic too as you're required to be in uniform for all public functions and official visits. I reckon they booked the visit around you, John.

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2013, 09:06:07 PM
I'm all over the shop when it comes to my politics, left, right and centre, as you may know

Most folk are. Everyone in the country agrees that medical care should be free, that murderers and sex offenders belong in the clink, that everyone should do some kind of work. It's the nutters at both extremes of the spectrum who make all the noise and keep the system in paralysis over special interest shite which most folk have no strong opinion on either way.

Professor Bear

This will never work, but a higher number of signatories will put some more meat on the inevitable "IDS snootily dismisses XXXXXX voters demands" stories: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

Frank

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 03 April, 2013, 01:40:48 AM
This will never work, but a higher number of signatories will put some more meat on the inevitable "IDS snootily dismisses XXXXXX voters demands" stories: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

It's an old trope: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3195040.stm

Tjm86

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 03 April, 2013, 01:40:48 AM

already dismissed by IDS.  Well over 300 million signatories and climbing.