Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: sauchie polling station on 19 September, 2014, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: sauchie polling station on 19 September, 2014, 06:54:47 AM
Shit, man - did you just see the ash blonde Alistair Darling closing his speech by flicking on the strobe and raving to The Scream? That was like the bits in Zenith where Tory Peter St John's eyes went Paisley pattern.
I know you thought I was kidding, but I'm really fucking not. Crazy bastard looks like he's coming up on an E, then he fires the glitter cannon and blisses out to nineties indie house:

http://youtu.be/xLa9meUcfOw?t=50s
Ha! Amazing. It's like that bit in Human Traffic.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 September, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
Quote from: sauchie polling station on 19 September, 2014, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: sauchie polling station on 19 September, 2014, 06:54:47 AM
Shit, man - did you just see the ash blonde Alistair Darling closing his speech by flicking on the strobe and raving to The Scream? That was like the bits in Zenith where Tory Peter St John's eyes went Paisley pattern.

I know you thought I was kidding, but I'm really fucking not. Crazy bastard looks like he's coming up on an E, then he fires the glitter cannon and blisses out to nineties indie house:

http://youtu.be/xLa9meUcfOw?t=50s

Ha! Amazing. It's like that bit in Human Traffic.

Quality! I haven't seen that in fifteen years ...

8-Ball

Quote from: Tempunaut on 19 September, 2014, 04:33:01 PM
Holyrood, obviously. Not Hollywood. Hollywood is very inspiring.

That was the biggest laugh I have had all day and it has been a very bad day. You should have just let it hang. :lol:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

8-Ball

Quote from: sauchie polling station on 19 September, 2014, 04:37:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't like Salmond but he's the most able politician in Scotland, and I have no problem with him as First Minister *. I honestly thought he would see out his term, but the symbolism of letting Sturgeon handle the incredible triumph of Glasgow wasn't lost on me.

* except the Trump thing, obviously

You know what is even more interesting? The three leaders of our main political parties will all be female. Nicola Sturgeon, Johann Lamont and Ruth Davidson. It will make a change from all that dick-swinging that passes for politics at Westminster. :cool:

The Legendary Shark

Thatcher cubed.
Good luck with that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

8-Ball

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 September, 2014, 07:01:33 PM
Thatcher cubed.
Good luck with that.

Being female didn't make Thatcher the worst thing to happen to the UK since WWII.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

8-Ball

Richmond Clements

Thatcher cubed.
Good luck with that.

Hard to see this statement as anything but sexism...

Dandontdare

Thatcher cubed.
Good luck with that.

Am I the only one who thought "iso-cubed"? Took me a moment to work it out

Dog Deever

Johan Lamont? She's done.
I quote
"We're not genetically programmed to make political decisions in Scotland"
Ergo we are genetically inferior.
A Labour MP.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dog Deever

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 September, 2014, 07:27:24 PM
Thatcher cubed.
Good luck with that.

Hard to see this statement as anything but sexism...

Agreed.
Lamont is an imbecile because she is an imbecile her gender is immaterial.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Ancient Otter

When they announced the No vote win on the news on the radio this morning, they mentioned politicians in Northern Ireland and Wales would be looking very closely at what Scotland will get for staying in the Union - a windfall for those countries as well? Though would they get more if Scotland left anyway?

Modern Panther

Our united family of nations are falling over each other to make sure that they get as much power as the boys next door.  Scotland was promised additional devolved powers within a few months, which the three Westminster parties said they were agreed on. 

Turns out that the Tory leadership are happy to grant that as long as it means removing the power of Scot and Welsh MPs to vote on English issues - something I'm very much in favour of, although it essentially renders a UK parliament null and void, able only to vote on the bare bones of maintaining a single state.  This will, I'm sure entirely coincidentally, reduce Labour power.

Labour, marketing themselves as the party of the people, are happy to discuss this option...for as long as the possibly can.  In a glorious example of doublethink, they are apparently eager to comply with the timescale which backbencher Gordon Brown set without discussing it with anyone, whilst at the same time keen to ensure that there is a very, very long pubic consultation.

Modern Panther

Holy hell.

Public consultation.  Not pubic consultation.  That's quite different.