Main Menu

Big Brother (don't burn me)

Started by Bad Andy, 28 May, 2005, 04:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Scots Hermit?
See that's the problem, Cameron wasn't a fisherman, he was an international businessman who ran a section of a fish trading company. He owned a Merc and he had travelled all over the world for business and pleasure, including, oddly enough, South Africa where he had several friends.
He played up the simpleton act so well.

House of Usher

Opaque, you know a lot more about it than I do!

So Cameron was, after all, an international playboy and gambler? And a virgin?

Having watched Saturday's hour of the new series, I have to say Makosi is a bit thick and has blown it - instead of taking up the challenge of getting the most nominations, she should have relied on the public vote keeping her in. That would have shown more character.

Kemal seems intent on showing that there's less to him than meets the eye, but I don't want to write him off too soon.
STRIKE !!!

The Enigmatic Dr X

This programme appeals to the instinctive part of us that made our ancestors go to hangings.

You know they did.

That's not a criticism, by the way, just an observation. Personally, I look forward to Friday nights when BB is on - a bottle of wine and/or a beer or two, then braying at the telly for an hour. The producers are canny - the folk they have chosen appeal to my (our?) inner snob and I (we?) want them to suffer.

I do, however, think that the programme would be vastly improved if the evicted housemates were hung. It was good enough for my great great great great great great great ... great granny, and if it wasn't broke then why change it?
Lock up your spoons!

Tordelbach

". It was good enough for my great great great great great great great ... great granny"

Last public hanging in Britain was in 1868, last "private" one in 1964.  Don't think you need more than 2 of those "greats".

Lobo Baggins

Last public hanging in Britain was in 1868, last "private" one in 1964. Don't think you need more than 2 of those "greats".

1868 is six generations ago, so he's about right.

A generation is approximately 20 years - you're thinking of life-spans (about 70 years).

Doctor X's ancestor would be in about 1820-odd - so she'd be able to witness hangings of criminals like 'a thirteen-year old girl who had been seen in the company of some gypsies' or 'an eight year old boy found in possession of a fish that might have been stolen'.

Ah, you don't get crimes like that any more...

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Dudley

The last public hanging at the scene of the crime happened in my village.  Sources at the time estimated that over 20,000 people walked up to fifty miles to watch the three miscreants hung by the neck until they were dead.  Serve them right, they'll have known not to set fire to a small hay stack again.

Grae the puppetmaker

Hmmm, my old scout leader used to claim that one of his ancestors was the last person to be hanged for sheep stealing. Make of that what you will...

Dudley

That one wouldn't want to trust your scoutmaster alone with a flock?

Tweak72

submitted without commenthttp://www.rfc-rnas-raf-register.org.uk/FiringSquad.jpg">
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++