Main Menu

Name me ONE film, just ONE

Started by LARF, 06 June, 2005, 06:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

...that sticks faithfully to the story, telling it as it is in the book/graphic novel without some Hollywood flower arse pulling a fast one and slipping a coil in the U-bend of film that then spoils it for the rest of us!!!!

(sorry just heard about V)

;-

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Conexus

Rosemary's baby apparently (according to Stephen King anyways)

Richmond Clements

Pyroxian

Funt Solo

The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Of course, Blade Runner didn't stick to the source material (Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?) much, but in that case it was a blessing.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Judge Dredd.

[Puts on flame-retardent suit.]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

Much as I love the RINGS films, even I can see that there is an AWFUL lot of Hollywood crap shoehorned into them.  Fortunately, for me, the WOW bits outnumber the shield surfing, dwarf tossing, elephant killing bits.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Mangamax

Without any fear of contradiction - "To Kill A Mockingbird"
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Satanist

Clockwork Orange. The only difference is they missed out the last chapter.

So they actually filmed less of the book and didnt add anything.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Mike Carroll

Damn you, Rac! I was going to say The Green Mle!

Same writer, same director:
The Shawshank Redemption

Mike

Wils

but in that case it was a blessing.

Biting my tongue for the most part (DADoES being one of my favourite books ever), at least hinting at the replicant underground subculture would've been a plus for the film and added more weight to the fact of them casually being retired by the Bladerunners.

Funt Solo

Ah, poor choice of wording on my part.  Whilst Blade Runner pays some homage to the source material, it is essentially a completely different story, in terms of most of the plot and certainly in terms of the style.

I think both are excellent, to be honest.  I just don't know how filmable the book was (thus my "it was a blessing" comment).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

longmanshort

Kramer vs Kramer ... wait, was it a book?

I think they should make a film version of The Stars, My Destination (if they haven't already). It'd make a cracking film ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++