Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

We're giving England a run for their money in the Cricket world cup!  The brother is an Ireland coach, so I'm fraternally obliged to be aware of these things, but feck me this actually is an exciting one!

http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket-live-score-ireland-vs-england_23166#subnav/3

Colin Zeal

I'm glad someone is enjoying it TB, cos I'd have put it in the Life Spugs thread. Although I take my hat off to O'Brien for what must be some incredible batting.

TordelBack

WE WON!  WE FUNTING WON!

HAPPY DANCE[/glow]

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I know absolutely nothing about cricket, but this really is fantastic. :)

SmallBlueThing

Because i just had a little look at my 'to read' pile, which was hidden out of sight, and realised ive got loads of lovely stuff to get through, comicswise. This includes, the complete Invasion!, deadworld: slaughterhouse, spidey: the gauntlet- books 2&3, the most recent requiem vampire knight volume and charley's war: blue's story. My wife has said she wants an early night, and it looks like i'll have a few hours to read some of it later.
However, she has also indicated it would be in my best interests to get a bit if editing done for her this evening, which may eat into that a snidge.
Swings and roundabouts, so hence this thread.
SBT

Judge Palmer

After constant job searching and interviews, someone saw the potential and experience within me to offer me a job.

And, because everything... everything... happens for a reason. It makes you stronger, and you have to make the best of it. Look forward to the future, make the best of the present, and remember the past cannot be changed - but you can learn from it. :)

Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

Brigantian

Congratulations on the new job. That must be a weight off.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Judge Palmer on 15 March, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
And, because everything... everything... happens for a reason.
Well maybe but, more often than not, the reason is that things happen. Still, congratulations on the new job.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Good to hear some good news, Judge Palmer.

Keef Monkey

Good stuff Judge Palmer, jobhunting is hell right now so that's brilliant that you got something. All the best with it!

Judge Palmer

Thanks guys, your comments and support is appreciated  :)
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

vzzbux

Robbie and I was having an epic sword fight all round the house yesterday. Half way up the stairs for the second time I forced him into a corner where the CD rack was and Clunk it tipped on him spewing CD's all down the stairs. The missus wasn't too happy as many of the cases were right off' but what the hey we had fun.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TOMMIE

I do agree with the that Life is some times sort of okay, and some time not okay because there are some things that may bring happiness but sometimes you have to face difficulties .
TOMMIE

TordelBack

Just racked our first gallon of Earl Grey wine, and had the obligatory siphon-tasting.  It's... interesting.  Intrigued to see what the final result will be.  I'm imagining ice cubes and a sprig of mint will help.

Dunk!

Just had a huge argument with a colleague, in a packed meeting, over the fact that when the movie batman has his mask on he also has black make up on to hid his skin.

For some reason this person took great umbrage with my claim of Batman wearing make up.

When someone else, with a laptop, got countless pictures up of the various movie Batmen with over-the-top eyeliner (except the definitive Adam West) he was crestfallen.

Odd.

Reminded me how stupid, and unreal, my day job can be.
"Trust we"