Main Menu

What Exactly Happens In The Iso-Cubes?

Started by Doc_Holliday, 12 November, 2004, 06:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc_Holliday

Well,
once again i'm asking useless questions that in no way benefit the board, but serve to enlighten me and me only...

this week, it's:

what happens in the iso cubes?

i've read a lot of stories that mentioned them, but i've always been more of a judge dredd graphic novel reader, (and to be honest most of my 2000AD reading has been focused on ABC warriors & strontium dog Graphic Novels) and i've never read all that much about exactly what happens in the iso cubes.

i can't remember, do perps have access to anything at all, or is it just completely like being in solitary confinement with no privelages for 20 years or whatever their sentences are?

House of Usher

It's that last thing you said. Pretty much nothing seems to happen in the iso-cubes.
STRIKE !!!

Generally Contrary

House of Usher

That in itself surely must come under the heading of cruel and unusual.
STRIKE !!!

Generally Contrary

How long can a person stay in solitary without serious mental damage?

Are they kept doped up or otherwise stimulated?  

If not, what heppens when people are released from Iso-Cubes?

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Jared Katooie

I think theres an excercise yard or a gym.

They're kept isolated most of the time though.

Bad Andy

Or if you are Mean Machine Angel, experimented on, let go, recruited, double crossed, arrested, thrown back in, ad infinitum...

Krustabi

Quirkafleeg

Max Kon

There are hab blocks that replicate the iso cubes for those who have been released

Dudley

Muzak Killer has quite a bit set in the blocks.  As does PJ Maybe's escape.

Looks like a combination of harsh brutality and therapy.

Luckily, Mark Millar was never allowed to write an Iso-block based story.

Krustabi

Are there communal showers. Have they invented non - slippery soap?

longmanshort

There was also the Orlok story where his associates hypnotised an Iso-Block judge to pass the assassin some poison ...

Those cells looked pretty bare, but the implication was that Iso-Block judges are 'soft', that they don't do other duties or 'rotate' onto other departments.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Smiley

Luckily, Mark Millar was never allowed to write an Iso-block based story.

Kind of. He had his cake and ate it doing Purgatory instead.

do perps have access to anything at all, or is it just completely like being in solitary confinement with no privelages for 20 years or whatever their sentences are?

The cubes are up there with Tek-Judges for lazy continu.. er, variety. Usually it's just barred cells, or sometimes glass boxes, or metal spheres stacked by crane, with any number of perps per cube. Y'know, one of those minor details that changes depending on what the story needs or what the creators can be arsed to remember.

I always liked the nuke-proof Iso-Block 666 where all the worst perps were supposedly kept, including the Devil himself. That's not been seen for a while.