Main Menu

Hello and thanks!

Started by Grump, 15 June, 2023, 04:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grump

Hello!

After avoiding all fiction for about 15 years, I picked up Prog 2320 while waiting for an unexpectedly long car service.  I was gripped and felt the immediate need to catch up on Books 1 and 2 of The Out, which was totally immersive and moving.

It's been good to drop in here weekly and read opinions on the latest issue.  As a newcomer, it helps me to understand the context and background that I'm otherwise ignorant of.

Thanks a bunch!

JohnW

I think it might be pushing it just a little bit, Grump, if I took any credit for The Out, but I'll just say, 'You're Welcome,' all the same.

Glad to have you in the forum.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

broodblik

Welcome. Enjoy the catch-up
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Welcome aboard Grump. Look out for the Xmas advent thread where everyone is welcome to participate in picking a day in December to give a 2000AD Xmas themed picture/story/figure or anything you can think of. It's fun, really 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Welcome! Glad you enjoyed the Out. Have you seen Brink, by the same writer, different art collaborator, and a completely different proposal? The first 4 books have some of the best stuff I've read in Tooth. If you like hard sci-fi, dystopia with some police procedural and Lovecroftian influences, then give it a whirl.

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard. I've just nosed at the cover of 2320 and can see why it attracted your attention. Out of interest was it just the cover, had you read it in the past and this was a nostgalia - I wonder how its doing thing?

Whatever most importantly have fun and enjoy immersing yourself.